Chapter 6 - SaMo Time

A loud thud echoed around the room as my body connected with the matted floor once again. I let out a pained groan as the wind got knocked out of me in one hard sweep, my breath came out ragged as I tried to collect myself because I swear the room was spinning when I opened my eyes.

"Oh god, the room's spinning," I muttered.

A figure stood in my line of sight and Nayeon's face was looking at me in clear disdain, "Sana, this is the fifth time I made  you kiss the floor, why?"

I gave the best glare that I could before speaking with utmost irritation, "Because I'm freaking human and you're a vampire, that's why!"

Nayeon rolled her eyes before helping me up into a sitting position and I winced when every muscle in my body ached in protest, "This is getting ridiculous," The vampire murmured.

"Exactly!" I looked at her, "Why do I even have to learn how to fight anyway?"

Nayeon stood in front of me, both hands on her waist and purple eyes giving me an intense look, "Because you have to if you want to survive in this school. Not all of the people here are your friends, Sana, and some are not happy to have a hybrid roaming around freely. No matter how much you want to stay out of trouble, you can't because by being a hybrid, you're just as dangerous as a vampire drowned by bloodlust or a crazy rouge werewolf."

Her lengthy explanation made me silent. Sometimes I forget that I'm not normal, even with the new environment I found myself in, I'm still the odd one out. I forget that one of these days I would turn into something that I'm afraid of and it terrifies me to think that I won't be able to control myself when that time comes.

"Why are hybrids forbidden to exist?" I asked meekly, not wanting Nayeon to see my inner turmoil.

I heard her sigh before she took a seat in front of me, "It's because the last time a hybrid was born, it nearly caused the extinction of one of the royal families," Nayeon replied in a dark tone, the words lingered heavily around us.

"A few centuries ago, a hybrid was born from the Romanovs, the royal family of Russia. One of the Descendant Prince was having a secret relationship with a human, one thing led to another and the child was born. No one suspected of anything, the vampires thought nothing of the child, thinking that he would just be another pure born vampire, they thought wrong, as the child prince grew, even though still a child and unawakened, he's still far stronger, faster, and more powerful than a Descendant and Aristocrat combined," Nayeon spoke as if she was reliving the past as she has this far away look in her face, "The Originals were long gone and few in those days but it surprised everyone when a female Original visited the Romanov palace one day, she prophecised that an offspring born from a vampire and human will come to end all evil in bloodshed and terror. The vampires in the area immediately came into the realization that she was talking about the child prince, afraid of what's to come to their kingdom, the Romanovs gave the child to the Original. Prince Dimitri, the hybrid's father, tried to save his son, even knowing that an Original is practically unkillable unless by the hand of another Original, Prince Dimitri still tried to fight for his son's life and on that day, right in front of the hybrid, he saw his father die. Before his father's body could drop to the ground, everyone in the court stood shocked when the Original burst into ashes, and there stood the hybrid fist holding a bloodied heart. Every vampire on sight was slaughtered by the child that night." Nayeon finished her story, giving me time to process all that she said.

"The hybrid killed an Original? I thought only an Original can kill another Original?" I asked, "The books I've read the other day in the library also stated the same thing. Why is this information not included?"

"Because after the hybrid child was killed, the law was immediately made," Nayeon answered, "Do you think the council would have guessed that another hybrid would be born after implementing the law so strictly and would any vampires be stupid enough to help create something that could destroy an entire race by its own?"