Chapter 7 - Bow Down To Royalty

"This is a daylight ring," I tuned in back to the discussion by the professor, a blue-eyed vampire who's currently holding a ring with the academy's symbol on it, "Can someone tell me what's it used for?"

A female vampire with blue eyes spoke to answer, "It helps us, Turned vampires, to walk under the sun, Mr. Lee," She then raised her right hand to show the same ring on her finger.

Classes began not long after my conversation with Momo. Nayeon has helped me as much as she could, even going as far as teaching me some advanced information that I would need for class. I've properly adjusted to the life in this academy and I'm relieved that no one really tries to cause me trouble anymore, probably should thank Nayeon for that.

"That's right," Mr. Lee nodded at the answer, "What happens to a Turned vampire without a daylight ring and is exposed to the sun?"

A memory of Nayeon and a chained vampire, his skin raw red and boiled from being burnt suddenly flashed back on my mind. Nayeon also said something about sunlight...

"You burn," I answered and I tried so hard not to shrink when all eyes fell on me.

"That's correct, Miss Minatozaki," Mr. Lee nodded at me, "Only purebloods can walk under the sun unharmed, unfortunately this is not the case for us, Turned ones and Originals. The sun would slowly but painfully melt our skin and being under the sun for a long period of time without our daylight ring can cause a turned vampire's death."

"The Originals are harmed by the sun because they are a direct line from the first vampires. The Descendants and Aristocrats, however, are unharmed by the sun, it was never found out why Descendants can walk in daylight even as offsprings of the Originals. Some says their blood evolved with time, some would say they are blessed by the gods as they would correct the chaos brought by their wild and golden predecessors." I listened intently to Mr. Lee's every word as he spoke, "There's also the Aristocrats who's origin is like ours, turned. Research says that anything that is connected to the Descendants defies nature. It is proven because Aristocrats proved to be pureblooded as they can also reproduce and is also unharmed by the sun."

"That's why turned vampires needs these daylight rings," Mr. Lee continued as he walked around the room, "The rings can only be created by witches, a simple spell and it's done."

Just as he finished speaking we heard the familiar sound of the giant bell located at the tallest tower in the academy, this signaled the end of class and now students are steadily piling out of the room.

"Miss Minatozaki," I heard Mr. Lee just before I could step out of the classroom.

"Yes, professor?" I answered.

"You're progressing really great, I take it that the Lady Im is a good mentor?" Mr. Lee complimented and it didn't escape my notice how he referred to Nayeon.

I bowed respectfully to him before saying a response, "Nayeon's indeed a big help, I don't know how I could survive without her helping me."

Mr. Lee nodded in appreciation, "How's your fighting practices?"

"Not good," I sighed heavily, "Nayeon's been training me nonstop but I seemed to suck at fighting."

"Work hard, Miss Minatozaki," Mr. Lee spoke as his blue eyes gleamed on me, "I'm afraid Taecyeon is gonna be brutal to you."

"Taecyeon?" I asked.

Mr. Lee gave me a sympathetic look, "He's a Werewolf and the professor of the advanced fighting class which you will be attending."

My eyes widened in shock, "Why am I taking advanced fighting when I'm new to all this?" I asked in concern.

"We can't put you with the normal students because of your circumstances," I frowned at his words, he can just say hybrid, "Taecyeon's class includes the top twenty students of the academy, including you because well... Because of you being a-a-"