Chapter 8 - What It Means To Be A Vampire

I woke up to the steady beeping of the heart monitor and to the unbearable heaviness of my aching body. I blink rapidly as blinding lights greeted my eyes, I tried to shake my dizziness away but I let out a shaky cry when pain shot up from my shoulder. That was when I felt cold hands on my left shoulder and right arm, I was still a little bit disoriented but I couldn't help but be calmed down by the familiar cold touch.

"Don't move too much, you're still healing," I heard a soft voice before I felt someone caress the hair sticking on my forehead.

Forcing myself to open my eyes again, I didn't know if it was the blinding lights that made me gasp or the deep amber eyes in front of me that stared right into mine. My gaze travelled from her eyes to the constellation that was fromed by her moles that ran down from her forehead to her chin. She was an entirely different being, I know vampires are made perfect and beautiful but the vampire in front of me is exquisite and that her ethereal beauty couldn't be fathomed.

"Where are we?" I managed to ask as I breathed in her amazing scent that's making my throat throb again.

"School's infirmary," She answered, her eyes not leaving mine as she stared at me with so much curiosity.

Ignoring our close proximity I ran my eyes down her body and back to her eyes, "You're not hurt, are you?" I asked in concern, remembering our encounter with the rabid wolves.

Again her eyes sparkled with curiosity as she furrowed her brows at me, "You're the human that's lying on a recovery bed and you're asking me?" She asked like I'm something she can't figure out.

For some reason I blushed furiously, whether it was from embarrassment or to this vampire's suffocating presence. I cleared my throat to remove some of the awkwardness of the situation, "I passed out not knowing if you were safe while having my wounded self being a burden to you, and I'm feeling sorry if my blood distracted you."

I think I saw a flash of desire pass through her eyes at the mention of my blood but it quickly vanished as she blink and looked away from me. I let out a sigh when she finally leaned away from me and I tried not to stare as she massaged her clenched jaw. Averting my eyes, I noticed she was still in the white dress she's wearing when we were attacked, I quickly looked up to find her eyes already on me.

"How-how long was I out?" I stuttered.

To my surprise, she answered, "Two days."

My eyes widened in shock, "And you were here the whole time?"

I saw her eyes hardened and she was back to the girl with an attitude that I first saw on the night I was attacked, "Why would you think I stayed her for you?" She scoffed.

I remained silent as I averted my eyes from her, trying to hide the fact that I was hurt by her words. A moment passed in silent as I let her silently fume and praying for somebody to break this awkward silence.

"They wanted to make sure I was safe too that's why they made me stay, okay?" She spoke as fast a she can, "So don't you think that I waited for you to wake up."

And with that she gave me one final glance before wordlessly leaving the room. Being left alone in the room gave me time to think for myself and looked around the room, it suddenly made me smile when I saw there's no other bed in the room, a clear contradiction to the amber eyed vampire's reason.

The door burst open with a loud thud and I heard them before I see them, "What the fuck? Get away from here, Nayeon!" Momo's voice echoed around the room as she faught someone over getting through the door.

"That's my vampire child inside the room so I have rights!" Nayeon retorted and I tried so hard not laugh because I couldn't take the pain of my shoulder.