Chapter 12 - The Council

"Five days," Jihyo stood in front of us and behind her was a turned over whiteboard, "That's how long the council will be staying here."

We're currently at the north tower's own gym, this place had become the group's official meeting place. No one would dare trespass here because apparently three of the most notorious students are living here, and that includes me along with Nayeon and Mina. I can't believe I was put in the same category as those two just because I'm a hybrid. Right now, Jihyo is on her leader mode, the council will arrive tonight and she wants us to train for the upcoming tournament and also to be careful about the council members.

"We all know who they want," Jihyo turned the board over for us to see my name written in capital letters, "Sana is there main target."

The girls gave me some encouraging smiles while Nayeon and Mina remained impassive and the latter wouldn't even look at me. I feel my face burn when I remembered why Mina won't look at me and I immediately avert my eyes away from her only to look straight at Nayeon's piercing gaze.

"Are you saying we should be careful during the tournament?" Tzuyu inquired and Jihyo nodded in agreement.

"I'd like to think that the tournament is as harmless as like any welcoming event but the fact that they're coming here with the goal of knowing more about Sana while having a tournament is too much for a coincidence," Jihyo explained, "Don't you think the best way to learn more about Sana's capabilities is to watch her carefully while she participates in the tournament?"

Jihyo pointed at a writing on the board, Treasure Hunt, One-on-one Battle, and Battle Royale.

"Which event do you think can they benefit the most?" Jihyo asked us.

"The solo battle," Dahyun answered, "Sana will have to fight alone in this event, we all are."

"True," Jihyo agreed, "To have someone good as her opponent, someone that can push Sana to the edge."

"A set up," Jeongyeon concluded, "It's a good opportunity to grab and knowing the council, they're completely capable of doing that."

"You want Sana to lose," Nayeon finally speaks after being silent for a while, her eyes directed at Jihyo in confirmation.

"Exactly," Jihyo answered.

"You're offering the solution of getting her tortured on stage," Mina bluntly said, her eyes landing on me briefly before looking back at Jihyo.

Jihyo's stare hardened as she met Mina's gaze head on, "If they know how much stronger Sana really is, they'll kill her right on the spot."

The tension in the room rises like a wild fire as the two woman stared down on each other. They both have a point but Jihyo's reasoning is a much better option.

"The good thing is I won't die, right?" Everyone looked at me when I voiced my thoughts, "There's only one student who can kill me because the two of us are both Descendants," I locked eyes with Mina and even with her cool act, I can see in her eyes that she's already planning ways to kill me.

"Well let's hope I won't be your opponent then," Mina talked lowly, I felt the shiver of fear creep up my spine and a warning growl to come out of Momo.

"It won't be you, Mina," Nayeon retorted, "The council will be too afraid to put you in any kind of danger."

"It doesn't matter who they can manipulate to oppose Sana," Jihyo crossed her arms as she stared at me, "What matters is that Sana can go through this plan when the time comes."

"And I will," I nodded at her with a determined look. Getting beat up in front of the whole academy, what's there to worry about.

"Now that we've agreed to that, let's talk about the other two events," Jihyo grinned dangerously and it's like I can see the fire of determination sparking around her, "I'm telling you this now, we absolutely cannot lose."