Chapter 16 - A Peek In The Past

There was a boy, no more younger than ten, with light amber eyes and black hair, he's laughing as he run around what seemed like a courtyard that's covered in snow. It looked like someone was chasing him because he kept looking behind him while laughing.

"Come on, use your true speed!" The boy complained in a language that I can only identify as Russian, "I want to test if I could beat you!"

"And then what? You will complain until you pass out because you couldn not best me?" A woman's voice replied in such a nonchalant manner that is very familiar to me. They were both speaking Russian and I don't know why I could understand them.

"As your prince, you have to follow my order!" The boy grumbled standing straight to face the woman chasing him.

Even with how blurry her face is, I can tell the woman was beautiful with her long wavy black hair and light purple eyes that I couldn't help but feel a deep sense of familiarity, it's like I know who this woman is. An obnoxious laugh from the woman was heard and the prince practically growled in annoyance.

"I cannot believe this," The woman continued to laugh even dropping down on the snow covered courtyard, "You actually think you can order me just because your a prince? Haven't I taught you to be always polite, my little prince ?"

The boy planted himself on the snow, he's arms and legs crossed as he pouts and glares at the amused woman in front of him. When the woman didn't stop laughing, he jumped on her and they rolled around the snow as they wrestled until they were left with snow all over their bodies and their carefree laughs echoed around the area. The woman positioned their bodies to sit on the snow before she faced the young boy who's already looking at her with deep awe and compassion.

"You won't leave me, right?" The boy asked meekly, "You won't leave like how my mother did, right?"

The woman softly smiled at him as she fixed his hair, "I won't, how can I leave such a handsome prince behind, hmm?" The woman teased.

The woman may seem playful but the way she held the prince and how she speaks to him clearly shows how much she loves him. It was like I was watching a scene from a heartwarming movie, the Aristocrat vampire clearly loves the prince like a son and the prince sees her as his mother.

The boy remained serious as he grasped the woman's clothes tighter, "They say I'm different, I heard words that says I'm not supposed to be here, that I'm not supposed to exist," He looked sadly at the woman, "Do you also think of me like that?"

The woman looked at the small boy in front of her with a look of grief and compassion, she cupped the boy's face in her hands as she stared at him seriously, "Their words do not matter, my dear."

"Do you know why?" When the boy shook his head in answer, the woman continued, "Because you are a gift, someone born special for this world. What people do npt understand, they see it as different. Your father and I, however, see you for who you are."

"Do you mean it?" The boy asked, his eyes shining with unshed tears.

The woman lovingly caressed the boy's hair, "Yes, do not mind those fools, what matters is that your father and I loves you with every fiber of our being."

They were soon interrupted when multiple footsteps can be heard that's marching towards them. The woman stood quickly in front of the boy as she protectively hid him behind her back as a dozen blue-eyed vampire palace soldiers appeared in front of them.

"This is the prince's private courtyard," The woman spoke in a hard tone and with authority, "State you purpose for barging in here, without prior notice."