Chapter 13 - Round 1

After the council's arrival yesterday, the academy has been bustling with barely contained energy from dusk till dawn. Today, round one of the tournament is about to start, while the other students are excited, I'm here almost wanting to vomit. The council members have been overbearing, their eyes followed me whenever we're in the same area, fortunately nothing eventful has happened and they stayed away from me. Though, that may change today, Jihyo told us that it is possible for something fishy to happen in this round, it's called a treasure hunt but we still don't know what treasure we're supposed to hunt.

I ran my eyes around the great hall to see that all students are wearing the same suit, it's a skin tight dark violet spandex with a pair of smooth arm sleeves that looked awfully like arms with no skin. The only difference about our suits is that the color of the sleeves represents our race, the werewolves are a beautiful combination of blue and silver, the witches were a sophisticated white and gold, while the vampires are an intense red and shiny black. The suit may be skin tight but surprisingly, it doesn't hinder our movements.

I smiled when I caught sight of something blue that is approaching me. Dahyun's blue hair is highlighted even more because her pale skin and the dark suit compliments each other, her blue eyes are formed in crescents as she smiles at me. I tried to contain the blush that's probably forming on my cheeks and the giddiness that I feel whenever I see her but it is so damn hard when she is so attractive all the time.

"I can see you turning green from back there," Dahyun chuckled as she gave me what looked like a chocolate bar.

"You are a life saver," I grinned as I immediately unwrapped the sweets and began munching on it, "All this stress isn't good for me."

Dahyun laughed and I tried not to look so stupid when she leaned closed and wiped something off the side of my lips with her thumb, "You're adorable when you're nervous."

Does she mean the nervousness I feel around her or the nerves I'm currently getting because of the tournament?

As if I couldn't embarrass myself any further, a high pitch laugh broke out of me as I try to control the gay panic I'm feeling. Isn't this such a funny sight? Minatozaki Sana, the most notorious Descendant hybrid having a gay panic. Fuck my life.

"There it is," Dahyun smiled brightly at me, "You're laughing now, mission complete."

I leaned closer to give her a grateful smile, "Thank you."

Dahyun gave a reassuring squeeze on my shoulder, "No problem, I just want to let you know that I'm ready to protect you from whatever comes our way today, alright?"

Too overwhelmed to speak, I just leaned closer to drop a brief kiss on her cheek. When I saw her flushed face, I immediately turned away from her to hide my own flaming face. Fortunately, I began to see Nayeon, Jihyo, and the other girls' figure making their way towards us. We were at the far corner and it was a great place for cover because of all the students around us. As expected, they all look amazing wearing the suit.

"The competition is held in the arena, the witch professors will be making a virtual ground for us to play in," Jihyo informed when the nine of us has gathered.

"Do you know what treasure we're hunting for?" Momo asked as she sidled up to me.

"No," Jihyo answered, "What I do know is that we won't be together when we go in to the virtual ground. That's why I want Jeongyeon to contact us and set up a meeting place."

Jeongyeon nodded firmly, "That's easy, I'll do it immediately when I sensed that we're all inside."

"Our first priority is to regroup," Jihyo odered as she glanced at us, "Do not engage any enemies until we're all together."