Chapter 14 - Impending

"The hybrid is a Minatozaki."

I froze mid step when I heard a voice speak around the corner I'm currently heading to. I tried to step further to sneak a peek but a hand on my arm grabbed me and pushed me back against the wall. Staring at Dahyun with wide eyes, all of my words seemed to get stuck on my throat when noticed how close our bodies are. Dahyun put a finger on her lips, telling me to stay quiet before quietly chanting a spell around us, the familiar spell made me realize that it was the same spell that Jihyo casted when we were hiding from the headmaster on the academy's archives that would conceal our presence.

"The Minatozaki clan have remained placid ever since the massacre," I recognized the hard tone of Alpha Taeyang, "Their connection to the Minamoto clan is enough for them to stay out of trouble and away from the council's attention, I don't think they have the guts to disobey us like this."

"But being a Japanese Descendant hybrid is proof enough," Leeteuk snapped, "The Myouis have already cleaned themselves by denying having any relations with humans."

"I knew we should have killed the Minatozakis when we wiped out the Minamotos," Donghae argued, "They are deeply rooted by their blood and here we are now, a Minatozaki hybrid existing in our midst."

"We still don't know her quite well," Bom spoke softly, "She survived the first round thanks to her friends, those girls are a problem."

"We should make a move now that the hybrid is still weak," Donghae added.

"Im Nayeon, Yoo Jeongyeon, Hirai Momo, Park Jihyo, Kim Dahyun, Son Chaeyoung, and Chou Tzuyu," This is the first time I hear Heechul speak. I covered my mouth with my hand to prevent myself from making a sound when I heard their names, "Are you that stupid to not recognize the girls surrounding the hybrid?"

"They are one of the top individuals in our recruit list," Heechul explained, "And simply being on the council's recruit list is enough to know how powerful those girls are."

I looked at Dahyun in suprise and she just pursed her lips while she avoids my eyes. The fact that the girls around me are such powerful people makes me feel completely grateful for their protection but also a little ashamed of my own weak self.

"The hybrid might still be weak but the people around her are different and we even see the Princess Myoui on her side," Taeyang talked to them with a commanding voice, "The biggest threat are the Princess Myoui, Park Jihyo, and that annoying punk, Im Nayeon."

"That damned Im Nayeon," Leeteuk growled angrily, "She's a nuisance, always wearing that smug superior look and treating the council with disrespect!"

"Do not let your guard down with her," Taeyang demanded, "She is supposed to be a High Council member, it pains me to admit but she is above us."

High Council? What the fuck is that?

"What's our next move then?" Bom asked.

"Let the other council members investigate the Minatozaki clan while we remain here," Taeyang answered, "Another royal clan will be wiped out if this treachery is proven true."

The gasp that was about to slip out of my mouth was blocked by a pair of soft lips connecting with mine. It was like clockwork, my shoulders relaxing, my arms automatically moved to wrap around her, and my lips kissed hers eagerly. Dahyun's body warmed mine as we continued to be swallowed by this incredible fire, my mind was hazy, filled with the feeling of Dahyun's soft lips.

I softly disentangled myself away from the girl whose fire had caught me ever since I laid my eyes on her. Blue eyes met my mismatched ones and I couldn't help feeling warm as we locked eyes. I have two realization in this point in time, first, I'm deeply and completely attracted to Kim Dahyun, second, I'm fucked.