Chapter 3 - Glow

I don't know how long I stayed dazed and gaping at the information that I just learned. Me, a clumsy ordinary girl is a Vampire-human or whatever they call me.

As far as I knew, I'm an orphan until Eve adopted me. There was nothing unusual in my life in the past, I was like any of the children in the orphanage, I sleep, I eat and I never get sick- wait....

I never get sick.

I stumbled to a stand with a gasp, "I never get sick," I whispered.

"No, Miss Minatozaki," Jinyoung answered, "Vampires do not experience that sort of things."

"Show off," Momo scoffed which in turn received a scary glare from Jihyo.

I ignored it for now as I turned back to the calm headmaster, "Are you sure you didn't get the wrong child? It could be anyone in the orphanage, how sure were you all when Eve got me?"

"We knew who you are," He replied.

"Your father is one of my best students, I am his mentor," There was a sad glint in his eyes when spoke of my father, "He was excellent in everything."

"And when he told me about you, I admit, I was furious. I feared for his and your family's life because a Vampire mating with a human is bad enough and actually producing an offspring- a hybrid. My dear, I knew, they wouldn't live long..."

Just then, a spark of anger burst through me, "How can you say that?" I gritted, "Who killed them!"

Momo was beside me in an instant, her hand on my arm, "Sana, calm down-" She wasn't able to finish because she was once again thrown off by me.

I watched in horror as Momo was about to slam on the glass windows. Just as she was about to hit the glass, she was stopped in an instant, a force was holding her and cushioned her fall. That was when I heard Jihyo clear her throat, her hand outstretched towards Momo. It was her, she's the one who stopped what could have been catastrophic for Momo.

"I think it's best we discus this another time," She spoke calmly but her commanding tone was evident.

"What?" I looked at her incredulously, "He hasn't answered my question!" I pointed at the headmaster.

"He is the Headmaster," The underlying message could be heard as Jihyo glared at me. Show some respect.

"Answer me!" I growled at them and they seemed to be surprised as they looked at me with wide eyes. Even I'm surprised by myself.

"This is bad," Momo muttered as she hurried towards me.

"She's not awakened yet?" Jihyo asked in a surprised tone but nonetheless, her glare was directed to Momo.

"I may have forgotten to tell you," Momo answered in a small voice.

Just then Jihyo's calm demeanour evaporated, "This just got more complicated," She turned to Jinyoung who was watching us all, "Headmaster, we cannot let an unawakened vampire here in the academy and a hybrid at that! We don't know what she's capable of!"

That hit a nerve as my temper seems to grow, "What is so wrong with me that you seemed to look at me like I'm some wild animal!" I exclaimed.

"Sana, you have to calm yourself," The headmaster now stood in front of Jihyo as he looked at me warily.

"I have enough of that word!" I snapped but then a hold on my shoulder caught me off guard.

I turned around with the urge to bite whoever touched me but then what I saw made me stop. I saw myself but not entirely me, the girl in front of me has dark veins surrounding the skin of her eyes and that's flickering from brown to amber. I screamed in fear as I flicked the mirror out of the way and saw Momo looking at me im concern.