Chapter 11 - They're Coming

Our shocked silence was interupted when Nayeon and I both perked up to hear footsteps. Nayeon quickly gathered the files and dumping it on the box while Jihyo erased any trace on the control panel before we hide ourselves at the back of the thick file shelves. Jihyo muttered incoherent words as she spread her hands and a faint whit light surrounded us before disappearing all in a split seconds.

"The spell is to hide us and our scents so that whoever is coming won't even notice us," Jihyo informed us and I smiled gratefully at her.

The footsteps neared and three of us took a peek only to be confused when we see the headmaster looking disheveled and stressed as he paced in front of the control panel. He began to work on the keys as the giant monitored appeared again and we watch with shocked eyes as we see the typed words. Minatozaki.

"All of Yorie's files are stored here after he died," Jinyoung talked as if he was talking to someone, "I've never touched it until now that we knew of his daughter being alive."

We froze when we heard another footsteps and a small petite woman with blue eyes appeared, "What do you hope to find?" She asked.

"Sana is a Descendant hybrid," Jinyoung stated, "I need to find out why the Minatozaki clan hid this secret from us and why Yorie lied by being an Aristocrat. "

So Nayeon was right to ve suspicious of the headmaster, he lied to us.

"And what of the council?" The woman spoke, her voice was tensed and deep, "Their inaction about all this is suspicious and quite honestly unnerving."

Jinyoung ran a hand in his hair as he sighed, "Yorie's daughter is a threat that they are not willing to ignore."

Nayeon placed a comforting hand on my shoulders as I grew incredibly tensed at what I heard. I know I'm a threat, I know how dangerous they deemed I am and I know that I shouldn't have existed but hearing that just made reality be a slap to my face. My fate was doomed all along.

In the large screen, the woman and Jinyoung saw where the file was stored so the woman sped off but came back in a split second, her face full of confusion as she looked at Jinyoung and back at the screen.

"There's nothing there," She said.

"What?" Jinyoung did the same as the woman before and then came quickly with nothing, "Where is it? I knew it was here!"

"Jinyoung, tell me honestly what you're planning to do?" The woman questioned.

"It's about the council," Jinyoung leaned on the panel as of energy has escaped him, "They're gonna make their move soon and they have demanded information about Sana."

"When will they make a move?"

Jinyoung look at the woman with what I realized as fear as he spoke, "Tomorrow."

I couldn't control the gasp that escaped me and it was too late to stop it when the vampires we were hiding from immediately stood in attention. I was frozen in place when I could swear the woman had seen us when she turned her gaze on the shelf we were hiding from, I knew we were invincible but I couldn't help the goosebumps rising on my skin as I felt her predatorial gaze.

"Taeyeon, what is it?" Jinyoung asked the woman.

"On that shelf," Taeyeon answered.

Jihyo wasted no time as she used both of her hand to grab Nayeon and I, without any delay, the world around us spun and I was again feeling like I was falling but this time also feels like I'm violently spun around. In just a blink of an eye, my body collided with the carpeted floor before I heard shreaking of surprise and jumbled words being thrown around me.