You Can't Help But Love This

Danny started to walk towards me still looking angry. I don’t think he even saw me at first. When he saw me his whole face lit up. It made me want to smile, too, but I was already smiling as wide as my mouth would let me.

“Hey. Let’s go back to the bus. I’m done here,” he told me taking my hand. He practically ran out of the venue. Through all his anger, all I could do was smile like a lunatic. He loved me. He truly loved me.

As soon as we were in the bus, he made his way to the back and took a seat. He was still fuming and I was still glowing with happiness. “Why are you so happy?” he asked a little rudely. He looked at me as I sat down next to his. Damn, I loved him.

“You love me; you really do,” I replied hugging him. I felt like he needed a hug. He hugged back.

“Of course I love you, but what made you say that?” he questioned pulling back a bit. He looked into my eyes lovingly. 

“I heard what you said to that girl,” I replied simply still smiling. It was all I could do to keep from kissing him.

“You did?” he asked sheepishly. His cheeks went red as a tomato. He was too cute.

“Yep,” I answered kissing him. He kissed back. His tongue pushed its way into my mouth after a few minutes and we made out for a while. I felt him push me back onto the couch. He settled himself on top of me and kept kissing. I put my hands on the back of his neck.

He pulled away for a minute. “ Of course I love you,” he whispered with a small smile. How had we ever been just friends? How had I ever questioned my love for him? In a matter of a few days, I had come to love him more than anyone else I had ever loved.

“I love you, too,” I told him and he reached down for more kisses. How could I not love him?