Like Every Night Before

After soundcheck was over, I noticed that it was about 5:30, which meant I needed to double check that the merch was all ready and I knew where everything was. One time I had forgotten a whole box of shirts in the trailer. The outcome was not pretty.

The doors were opened at 6:30 and that’s when I was mobbed with fans. I handed out t-shirts, bracelets, and CDs as fast as I could and collected the money. It was surprising how much people would pay for a shirt, but if I was them, I most likely would have done the same. 

At 7:30, Memphis May Fire came on and the business became slow as people watched them play. I’ve always been a MMF fan, so I bobbed my head and sang along under my breath.

“You’re a good singer, Cassidy,” the fan I was waiting on told me with a smile. Since I’ve been merch girl for AA since the beginning of the band, people knew my name and I had even taken a few fan pictures before.

“Thanks,” I said feeling a blush form on my face. I usually didn’t sing in front of people.

“You should sing on one of the Asking Alexandria songs. That would be so cool,” she told me. I had never even thought of singing on an AA song. I wasn’t that kind of person. I might wish to be up on the stage, but I’m sure if I actually was, I wouldn’t be able to do it.

“Yeah...” I trailed off thinking about standing in front of thousands of AA fans every night. “That would be cool. I should talk to Danny about that,” I told her, “Thanks.”

“No problem. Thanks for the merch,” she replied and walked away.

Me saying I should to talk to Danny reminded me that Danny had needed to talk to me earlier. I’d have to ask him about that. You don’t just tell someone you need to tell them something and then not tell them.

After the show, Danny, James, Ben, Sam, and Cam came out to meet some fans, which I always thought was really nice of them. They might act like they didn’t give a shit about their fans, but deep down inside they did. I packed up the left over merch and started to bring it out to the trailer. There wasn’t a lot left so it didn’t take that long.

When I was done, I went back to the tour bus. I headed towards the back lounge. The back was always quieter than the front and since I wasn’t much of a partier, I spent most of my time in the back or in my bunk. I pulled out my phone and saw I had a text from my boyfriend, Josh. He was one of the only people who had stuck by me after they saw the band’s obnoxious behavior. I texted back and  waited. Soon, I felt footsteps shake the bus a bit and I could tell the meet and greet part of the night was over.

Danny came into the back of the bus and sat down next to me. “Just the person I wanted to see,” he told me. I put my phone away and looked at him.

“So, what were you going to tell me earlier?” I questioned. I was almost afraid to know what he had to say.

He started to fidget with his jacket. “Well I was going to tell you...”