Sakkarai Inikkira Sakkarai

Upon reaching home..

Dhanam took Saadhana and L amma in for a nap...no point letting the little one get excited now and get all cranky during the party

Meena also went in for a nap...

Mullai and Kathir went into the kitchen to start the cake

While Jeeva, Kanna and Moorthy were busy decking up the house for the party..Jeeva and Kanna tried urging Moorthy to take a nap as well...but he refused...soon enough seeing him have so much fun blowing balloons that they didn't have the heart to make him miss it...

In the kitchen

Kathir and Mullai were busy with the cake...

He held the mobile so Mullai could assemble the dry and wet ingredients for mixing the batter..he paused and played the video so she could follow the steps with ease...

When it came to whisking the batter...he took over and whisked it for her...while she began preheating the vessel for baking the cake...

Once done they poured the batter into the cake tin and shook it down for air bubbles and placed it into the preheated vessel...an almond and saffron infused sponge cake..and covered it with a lid...

Soon the kitchen was filled with a beautiful aroma of cake baking...

Once the timer went off they opened the lid and on checking the cake with a toothpick were happy with the results...

Setting it to cool down for a bit...

They started prepping for dinner

Meena came in from her nap and so did Dhanam after putting the baby to sleep...

The dinner that night was to be a vegetarian affair...

They finalised the menu accordingly and set to work...

Kathir left to see what help was required in the hall

Halfway through the decorations the ladies emerged having finished cooking...Mullai was still inside looked like

Kathir went in to check if she needed help with the cake

Mullai confirmed that the cake had come out well...she looked sooper proud..and Kathir was happy for her...she had kept it for cooling hefore they can start cutting the layers out and finish off with the icing

Inga ethachum pannanuma..

Ille onnum ille..innum oru anju nimisham thaan cake ready pannidalaam..

Enga yen innum ingaye nikkareenga ...neenga poi fresh aaga vendiyathu thaane

Yen cake panna naan kooda vendaamaa...nee thaane namma rendu perum pannalaamnu sonna..

Oh appo seri vaanga

She took the cake and placed it on a plate turned upside down...

She then proceeded to cut it into 3 layers

To take the dryness out of the sponge she sprinkled some Of the Ras from the Rasmalai she had refregirated earlier..

On the side she instructed Kathir to beat the cream cheese, Ras infused with saffron and the icing sugar..she taught him how to flick his wrist in a semi circular motion in order to keep it light and airy...

Once he was done ..

Yenga konjam taste panni sweet poruma paarunga

Kathir dipped a finger in but instead of tasting it he spread it on her cheeks and before she realised leaned in for a kiss..he took his own time tasting the cream off her skin...and made quite a show of licking and smacking his lips to show his appreciation of the taste..