Thanisai Poove Thalo

End Aug 2020

Life settled into its own rhythm..

Kathir continued to manage the shop outside the house..Ashok came and kept him company most of the times..

Saadhana pretty much clung to her Kathir chittappa

Dhanam being a new mom was busy all the time..Meena was already in her 8th month and she was slowed down considerably..Mullai had a comfortable pregnancy so far but

Between her and Mullai they managed the cooking part while Meena helped with the vegetables cutting and clothes folding..the ladies took turn sweeping and mopping...

Kanna helped them whenever he could..

But the other 3 brothers were completely swamped what with the 2 shops and increased  door to door delivery...

While life moved on at this pace...Ashok came bearing news that Charu was leaving to The Hague with her husband in 15 days..

Ashok : dei Charu kelambara da..September mid la...oru naal inga vanthu unnaiyum Mullaiyum paarkkarennu sonna..Anand um varuvaaru

Kathir : oh seri da..enga poraanga..

Ashok : Holland da..

Kathir : hmm seri..saappidara mathiri vara sollu da..ille vidu naan Mullai kitta soldren...

Ashok looked at him keenly...but realised that he was just being a good host...

Ashok heaved a sigh..He knew Charu was finding it difficult...to her Kathir was like another brother...the Kathir then also saw her as a sister..but now she was just Ashok's sister...but this was how it was..there was nothing that could be done about it...

Later that night

Kathir was giving a gentle backrub to Mullai..who lay head on his lap...reading a book...

She had been feeling tired...

Kathir : Ashok innikku kaarthaale pesinaan..Charu nammala paarkka varuvaannu..oorukku kelambum munnadi..lunch inga saappida vara mathiri plan panna sollu...

Mullai : placed the book down and turned to him..hmm seringa

Kathir : ey nee padi...thideernu nyaabagam vanthuchu athaan sollidalaamnu..

Mullai : athu parava illenga...neenga pesunga..

Kathir : innikku romba velaiyaa...ivvalavu tired aayitta...

Mullai : athu innikku Meenakku check up nu hospital poittaanga...Saadhanakkum innikku vaccination..athaan konjam velai jaasthi aayiduchu..

Kathir : veettu velaikku aal vaikkalaamnaa..ippo irukkara nelamaikku velilernthu aal ulle vidarthum nallathukku ille...konjam poruthukko naan ethavathu yosikkaren...Kanna kadaila irukkum pothu velai ethachum iruntha sollu...naan seyyaren..

Mullai : appo ungalukku rest vendaamaa..

Kathir : ippo enakku onnum ille Mullai..enna pathiye yosichu un udambu keduthukkathe please...

Mullai: hmm seri...naalaikku nalla rest edukkaren pothuma..

Kathir : hmm seri..ippo thoongariya...he said gently stroking her head...

Needing no further cajoling..Mullai settled comfortably and closed her eyes..Kathir didn't bother telling her to sleep on the cot..as the pregnancy progressed her sleep pattern in the night was greatly disturbed..she woke up every 2 hours to change positions...her need to take breaks also increased..and it was only 9 pm then