Kelvigal Pala..Kettum Kekkaamalum

His 'Mullai' was the last thing she heard before she was ushered gently out of the room..

She was happy...total memory loss was out of the way...they will know the full impact as they progress..but that he recognised her was heartening..

She did not miss the question in his tone or the doubt in his eyes...she stood outside the ICU bracing herself..wondering..

He was surprised that she was there with him..was it because he also remembered their small little tiff before her birthday..she didn't believe that really..he cant really believe that that tiff would keep her from coming here to him..abandon him at a time like that..Is that what he thought really? No he couldn't...and that led her to wonder how it all had gone so horribly wrong..one minute they had been smiling and coy with each other and the next they were icing each other out..but all that aside he was her life..

And it brought her back to the problem at hand..why was he surprised on seeing her there...the other option scared her...because it brought with it so many questions

If he had in fact forgotten..then how much...what did he remember..how much...from where...she didn't know...she shook her head to clear it..there was no use worrying about it..even if he went back to the hate days she would start from scratch..make him like her..she had done it once..she would do it again..and her face scrunched up again...had she even succeeded the first time around??if she had then why the distance between them?

And again she shook her head to clear it..not the time..not the place...

She stood patiently outside...to distract herself she called Moorthy and informed him of the development..

Moorthy and Jeeva were there in the next 5 minutes..

Shortly after they arrived...the doctor emerged out of the ICU..

They went close to him eagerly..he indicated that they should talk in his room..and they followed him there..

He sat himself in his chair and asked them to be seated as well..

He cleared his throat..

Doctor: Good News..Coma lernthu he is out..ithu naama ethir paarthathu thaan..enna 3 days la ethir paarthom..aanaa avar konjam rest eduthu 6 days appuram kan muzhuchu irukkaaru..no problem..frankly innikku paarthuttu I was going to suggest taking him to Trichy...nalla velai athukku avasiyam varala..scan reports um satisfactory ah irukku..innum oru 2-3 days observation appuram he should get discharged...

Moorthy and Jeeva were visibly relieved..but Mullai had questions written large on her face...

Mullai : Doctor avarukku ellam nyaabagam irukka..

Doctor : avar per ooru velai ellam nyaabagam irukku..so mothama marakkale...so athu varaikkum good...but naanga ulle ponathum ippo ponathu Mullai thaanennu kettaru..he seems to remember you...aana unga kalyanam nenavula irukkara mathiri theriyale...kalyanam nenaivu ille aana ungala nenaivu irukku athu thaan puriyale..

Mullai : naan avaroda athai ponnu thaan..chinna vayasulernthe theriyum..

Doctor : oh ippo puriyuthu...kalyanam aagi ethana varusham aaguthu..

Moorthy : intha maasam 12 thethikku oru varusham aagum doctor...

Doctor : oh..naan konjam pechu kuduthathula...annan kalyanathukku mandabathukku kelambinomnu sonnaru..appuram nenaivu illengara mathiri sonnaru..annan kalyanam athu eppo..

Moorthy : en kalyanam na athu aachu 13 varusham...itho Jeevakkum Kathirukkum ore naalla thaan kalyanam aachu...

Doctor : oh interesting...jeeva annanuthaan sonnaru..avaroda kalyanam nyaabagam irukku..thannodathu nyaabagam ille..aana rendu kalyanamum ore naal..atheppudi..