Naan Kaadhalai Unargiren

His lips hovering over hers he saw those eyes fly open..to stare at him..

What he saw there he couldn't comprehend..but one thing was for sure..she didn't seem to be ready for this..the why eluded him..they were happy..she said so herself..he saw that smile that set her face aglow when she was speaking to his Meena anni this morning..

His brother had confirmed the same as well..contrary to everyone's fear while they were married off they had been happy

But more than all this..ever since he woke up after the accident..he was able to see all that she did for him..he saw nothing but care and love there..but more importantly his family let her do everything for him..his was a close knit family..he knew his anni and her hovering nature..true with a barely one year old child her hands were full..she had no option but to hand over the reins of his care to Mullai..but none of his family members seemed to have any concern..this just proved that they all thought that they were a couple in love..she would take care of him just as well..while they thought that..only he knew the care he was getting was better than the best

And here she stood in his embrace..and if he didnt know better he would have said she was petrified but for the life of him he couldn't fathom why..

It was their first anniversary..it was but natural that any couple would want to have some fun..or so he thought..

He kept looking at her..

Cupping her face, stroking her cheeks with his thumb...he smiled

Kathir : enna aachu ma..yen ivvalavu marutchi..

Mullai stood thinking what to tell him...

Kathir : naan kitta varuthu pidikkalayaa..

Mullai ducked her head down..but neither the blush that crept up her neck or the imperceptible increase in the pressure of her hands holding him that only served to bring them closer was not lost on him..

Mullai : appudi ellam ille..

Kathir : pinna..vera enna prachanai...

When nothing was forthcoming

He tilted her face up to make her look at him..

Kathir : nee sollalenna enakku eppudi theriyum..en kitta solla enna thayakkam...

He asked searching her eyes..but when he saw a hint of wetness pooling at the corner of those beautiful doe eyes...but no explanation was forthcoming..he simply smiled and heaved a huge sigh..he kissed her on the forehead..

Kathir : thoongalaam..good night...

He proceeded to hobble over to the bed..

Mullai : ille..hospital lernthu vanthu 10 naal kooda aagala..marunthum innum sappittu kittu irukkeenga....kaalula kooda adi muzhusa aarala...athaan...konjam porumaiya irunthu...mathapadi...athu she trailed uncertainly

Truth be told his hobbling had prompted her to take this route...

Kathir who had turned around and caught her saying all this looking at his leg was not fooled one bit..but there was also the other minute detail..her hand holding his..not wanting to completely to stop this either..

He could sense that there was something amiss..what she had said was was not completely untrue..but that she was leaving something unsaid was also true...

He walked back to her and there was that unmistakable skittishness about her again..

Kathir : athu mattum thaana..

Mullai : hmm amaam..

Kathir : appo un sammathathoda..

He leaned in and kissed her...full on the lips...and it was not some half-hearted kiss either...it clearly told her how much she meant to him...how much he cared for her...how beautiful he found her...how unexplainably drawn to her he was...there was also a message in the kiss...he kept allowing her opportunities in between to draw back if she wanted to...that she didn't but actually leaned back in appeased him...