Chapter 21 - Friends? That's new

Walking into the hallway Hunter unconsciously rubbed his throat, as if expecting to feel a bruise left by the invisible hands.

But there was none.

Of course there isn't.

Swallowing his fear, he shook his head. He wouldn't think about it until he got home. And once he was home, he knew what to do.

Shuddering at the memory his hand reflexively flew to his arm, holding the bandaged area he had cut himself.

With a grimace he let go, at least it had stopped hurting. He'd actually completely forgotten about it until just then.

...

Pushing open the cafeteria doors, sighing at the sound they made, he walked in. Instantly he was enveloped by the din inside.

"Well.. Shit it's loud in here.." He mumbled as he walked, tying his jacket around his waist as he walked.

Keeping his eyes locked on the que, he weaved through the other students, fully aware that every move of his was being watched.

From the side of his eye he caught the movement of someone following him, grinning he walked on, seemingly undeterred.

...

Even after reaching the line he noticed that the person was still following him. Now it was annoying so he focused on their footfall.

It rang a soft bell of recognition, but not strong enough for him to size up the person or attach a body and face to the vibration.

Turning around he glanced at the feet around him till finally they matched the pattern with a pair of grubby Nike air forces..

Following them up he reverse checked out the girl. Upon getting to her face he realised who it was, almost instantly.

...

"Jade.." He called as the line moved, irritated that she hadn't heard him he tore out of the que. He was just getting a coke anyways.

Walking up to her, she still hadn't noticed, he considered what he should say. So he started off by calling her name again.

She turned around in surprise, and just as he was about to speak she beat him to it.

"Hey Hunter! Funny seeing you here!" She said casually.

I-

"Yeah it really is! What a fucking coincidence bitch." He snapped with a sweet grin.