Chapter 2- Falling apart

The silence between Hunter and his mother was so painfully suffocating it made his vision swim. The fact that it dragged on for a long time didn't help either.

Say something dumbass!

He awkwardly cleared his throat and started to speak "Uh... So um sorry.. Sorry ab..abou—" he gulped and continued.

'The puppet does naught without its puppeteer' 

...

How dangerously accurate..

"—about this mor—" but he was cut off by his mother. 

"Your bag is outside the house... When, you are..." she took a breath and then continued, "...going, come to me, and I'll give you $1,000,000... Buy or rent a place I don't care... but you can't stay with me anymore" 

She sniffled but ploughed on, "I'm sick of your anger issues! Your d-dad was the same but he's gone now" she cleared her throat.

Glancing at her face for a moment, pain fills his mind. Please don't say it.. Please..

"And I regret us parting on ill terms. But as I said I'm sick of you." she said,  a note of finality laden in her voice..

No.. 

You don't regret anything... 

Don't. Lie.. Please.. Just be honest for once.. You think you can hide it, but you can't.. So please don't lie.. 

It hurts..

She took a shaky breath, "Your job will continue as normal, so after the money I gave you finishes, you will earn your own money." 

She stopped to think then went on, "That's all I have to say... I will see you when you get home" with that, she got up., 

Leaving both the office and her hurt and bewildered son behind. 

...

A few minutes later the principle came in. He took one look at Hunter, and slid back out of the room shutting the door behind him.

The sight had genuinely startled him.

...

Hunter slumped off the chair and onto the ground, he closed his eyes as his mind swam and swore so loud he didn't even hear the door close on him. 

Slowly his cursing became sobbing which then made way to a hysterical bout of laughter...