Chapter 5 - Math's couldn't be better

Hunter Stared at the two men for a moment, then laughed, "Love the energy.." 

He watched them a little longer then continued, "But seeing that you're both serious means I'm going to have to deal with you's a little different.." 

He turned around to pick up his bag and both men riled up, jerking towards him.

Hunter put up his hands in surrender "Woah.. Calm the— Calm down big guys," he said with a laugh, "I'm not going anywhere" 

The two men watched him like hawks as he bent over and picked up his bag.

They continued to look at him as he rummaged around his bag but they simply ogled at him when he took out a wad of cash. 

Good thing I packed this.. Can't remember why though.. 

The two men looked at the cash then at Hunter's face then back at the cash, for a solid thirty seconds.

They then looked at each other utterly dumbfounded. 

"Well um you both could split it or something.. Cause I kinda haven't got my pay check yet..." he paused doing the calculations.

"But you'd both get 650$ each? No, $750..? I don't know.. You both'll get something." The men looked hesitantly at the cash.

With all the fuss, Hunter had forgotten all about his weirdly enhanced vision. But what he wouldn't forget was the look of defeat that fluttered onto the faces of the two giants.. 

As well as what the principal muttered under his breath "I takes me a month to get this kind of money" 

As the men outstretched their hands, Hunter held up his own to stop them.

"Wait, I gotta add something.." the men looked at him impatiently as he continued "You can not expel me, but you can suspend or give me detentions.. Cool?" 

The principal looked at him suspiciously, "Why? Why not just pay for that as well?" 

Greedy bastard.

Hunter rolled his eyes and snapped, "Cause I don't want to?" 

The men nodded thoughtfully as he handed them the money. He then saluted them and turned to leave.

"But you have after school detention" the principal snapped at his back. 

Hunter pulled a thumbs-up and walked back towards his class. 

Which happened to be calculus, which was a new class for Hunter so he smiled and walked towards it.