Chapter 25 - Two jobs = Twice the trouble

"This is completely unnecessary." Eddie snapped at the two boys, making Hunter growl and the other boy stand at attention.

"Let me play with him, see who he calls a little bitch after I'm done with him huh?" Hunter said with an evil glint in his eyes.

A glint that was a complete contradiction to the casual tone of his voice. And a glint that only those that were trained to spot it could see.

One that Eddie could see.

The Head gulped and directed the boy urgently, "Recruit, I'm going to get you to move. But you have to move the second I say move okay?"

The boy startled at the fear in the man's voice and agreed without hesitation.

Hunter smirked.

You think that's gonna stop me from hitting the little shit? Don't make me laugh, please.

Hunter drew three knives into his hands, moving them in little waves, savoring the look of shocked fear in the cocky bastard's eyes.

"Hunter no, Hunter if you do that I'm going to have to—" It was obvious that Hunter wasn't listening, and Eddie caught the shift just in time to scream, "Move!"

The recruit kept his eye on the threat— Hunter begrudgingly respected him for that— as he dived to the left.

Technically that was a smart decision, but it doesn't work too well on me.

Hunter clocked the look of disbelief in the boy's eyes as he suddenly shifted his stance in the span of a second and hurled all three knives.

"Hunter Sen! I am not signing another fucking document of untimely death!!" Eddie howled in frustration.

The recruits eyes bulged out as each knife embedded itself into his clothes, pinning him to the ground.

"I'm sorry.. Sorry.. I'm sorry.. I'm.. I'm.. I'm sorry.. Sorry.. Sorry.. I'm sorry.. I'm sorry.. Please don't kill me," the boy blubbered.

Hunter smiled and faced the rest of the rigid, pale faced recruits, "Who else believes I'm not good enough to be in charge?"

No one said anything.

Thank god.

My leg is screaming and I'm kinda out of knives to dramatically throw. So yeah, Thank you for being so easy to scare.

Anyways.

Just as he opened his mouth to say something memorable and impossible to forget, the head came behind him and slapped him on the back of his head.