Chapter 14 - Her.. (1/2)

Steve opened his mouth to intervene but Hunter's glare cut him off. "I'm trying to be emotional here.. So maybe. Don't fucking kill the vibe dumbass.."

Steve frowned in confusion. But stayed quiet otherwise.

Clearing his throat again, he continued "Ah, so yeah.. She was more than that.." he blinked as he tried bringing the pain filled emotion back into his voice, but gave up when he couldn't. "Screw it.. "

Steve groaned and subtly indicated that he was getting impatient.

Smirking Hunter started again.

Stop it you pussy, stop avoiding it.

A grimace crossed his face but disappeared as fast as it came.

"Okay, so if i'm being honest.. Her memory is more like a constant burden and weight on my shoulders.." he said. "Like someone stabbing at my conscience all the time.."

But his voice wavered.

"What do you mean?"

Hunter was enveloped with painful memories but he swallowed and spoke carefully "Well.. How about I tell you a little story?" he asked with a broken smile.

The man nodded slowly unsure what to expect anymore.

"Well.. I guess it all began when I was 13 years old.."

++

"Ah! You must be Stephani Sen! Ah and you must be the famous Hunter Sen..!" A huge but friendly looking man greeted the pair at the gate of the massive building.

"Yes. Nice to meet you Mr. Sergey." Hunter's mom said formally. But the man grinned charmingly, "Call me Sneddon, after all we'll be working together for some time"

Hunter stood emotionless on the side. Waiting. His face, a mask of calm dominance.

The man who called himself Sneddon glanced at Hunter and smiled. Hunter stared back, un blinking.

Sneddon looked slowly back at Hunter's mom, and clasped his hands together, "Shall we?" He gestured and the three walked in.

...

Hunter walked inside, his heart thudding in his chest. In truth, he was very nervous.. But he couldn't show that. If he did, his mother would be furious.

Hunter slipped into his head as the adults whispered among themselves.

...

"Your son is beautiful. A creature sculpted by the gods themselves" Sneddon murmured.