Chapter 18 - Famous

Hunter gently grabbed her arms and got up, making sure that her grip didn't loosen. Once he was at his full height- noticing that she was maybe 5'6 but barely- he turned around.

But since he was 6'2 and she was so small, by then she had wrapped her legs around his waist. So when he turned around she was stuck to his back.

Hunter's heart pounded painfully and the fear in his veins pulsed strong and hard. He was about to start shaking again.

I really need to get her off me. Right now.

"I'll lead the way.." she breathed in his ear.

Get off me.

"..G.." he couldn't speak through the concentration that it required to refrain from shaking like a jackhammer.

Claire just giggled.

...

Hunter sighed.

...

Orion and caddy both noticed the rage that flashed in his eyes and flinched from its intensity. But what scared them to the bottom of their soul was the murder that bled through every fiber of his being.

...

Hunter felt the red bleed onto his lenses and his slitted pupil pour into place

...

But it was too late, they noticed it too late, because the next five minutes passed in a blur.

...

Hunter's eyes unfocused as anger so strong pulsed in his veins. Then the next thing he knew his body was following its own orders.

He threw Claire's arm off from around his shoulder and grinned at her terrified yip. Moving faster than he had ever moved, should be humanly possible to move, he yanked her legs off as well.

With that same inhumane speed he twirled around and grabbed the collar of her blouse.

His ears were pounding. He was deaf to the rest of the world.

I'm going to kill you now. You stepped way out of the line. I'm killing you now.

It was then that Claire noticed the anger and the thirst of blood in his eyes. And Hunter lifted her higher off the ground.

Murder flashed in his eyes.

Apparently Orion had figured out what he was about to do and he scrambled out of his seat.