Chapter 6- If only Death was Nicer (1/2)

"Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!.." the chanting rang out through the hall as kids crowded around the five boys in hungry anticipation.

...

Hunter looked around at all the people chanting and let loose a smile, some girls giggled but mostly people just smirked back.

Although at least fifteen guys were constantly cussing at him or flipping him off. And while he pouted for good measure, he mostly ignored them. Footy pricks..

"Look, can we make this quick? Cause I'm still really fucking hungry.." he said tiredly. 

Hearing the flatness in his voice, the four boys look at each other skeptically. Then the boy standing at the front, spoke up. "You think we're a joke do you?" 

Hunter looked at him with a cocked brow, then he sighed, "And what if I said yes?" 

They startled, as if what he said didn't really hit them until a few moments later. When it did the boy's growled and began to move forward. 

Again the boy stopped them, "It'd be very rude of us to kick your ass without any form of introduction.. Right..?" 

The cocky bastard waited for his lackeys' to respond. 

The other three muttered but nodded anyways, "Good, so. My name, is Steve. The blonde behind me is Taylor and the two brownies at the back are the twins, Ethan and Harper."

Nodding his satisfaction he turned back to Hunter, "And that's about it." Behind him, the twins were staring daggers at his back for obvious reasons..

Come on.. Why would you call them brownies in front of the entire school? That's pretty shitty man.. Even I feel embarrassed..

"So that's all of us now how about you?" Oh, he's still talking..

Hunter smiled "Well nice to meet you all.. But you four got between me and my date with food.," he plastered a wounded expression onto his face.

"So, can I just say.." he dropped the look, smiling instead. "Die in a hole.. dickheads.." he finished with a flourish of his hands.

The sentence worked just the way Hunter'd intended. 

Since it had seemed that pissing them off was the only way this fight would progress, he did just that.

Wow, four at once.. Shouldn't be a problem but one-on-one is far more respectable.

"Hey isn't it a bit harsh that its four against one?" somebody from the crowd called out making the four of them stop their advance again. 

Oh why thank you!

Steve was visibly pissed by the anonymous nitpicker, but smiled anyways.