Chapter 10 - An Unexpected Encounter..

Hunter watched as Steve froze.

"What? Who is that?" He asked slightly concerned.

"Uhm.. I-I'm not sure actually.." Steve replied in confusion while turning around to face the door.

"Let me check.."

Hunter remained on the couch where he had a clear view of the door and the person outside of it.

...

He waited as Steve walked up to it and asked who it was, then decided against staying on the couch, so he got up as well.

He walked over to Steve and stood slightly behind him.

...

Hunter noticed that whoever answered made Steve sweat and sigh in hesitation.

"Who is it..?" he asked, making the man jump.

"Sorry.. Didn't mean to scare you.." Hunter smirked.

"Y-you didn't." Steve muttered back then motioned for him to be quiet.

"Nya Nya Nya Nya!" Hunter cried out then cackled.

Steve looked at him with wide eyes and an irritated facial expression.

"Where's the kitchen?" Hunter asked, ignoring the man's look.

Steve looked at Hunter for a moment then sighed in irritation, Hunter simply mocked him and gestured with an expectant look on his face.

Steve hesitated for a moment then groaned gesturing towards the hallway and then Hunter turned and left.

...

As he wandered through the hallway, Hunter couldn't help but think about the things that the woman had said to him.

As well as the voices' weight, painful burden and toxic whispers..

It was all just piled inside him.

...

His insides almost reminded him of a coke bottle that had been shaken too many times.

The bottle is bubbling but calm..

Hunter wandered aimlessly through the hallway for a few moments trying to find the kitchen.

The bottle wobbles and the bubbles rise..

Hunter felt his emotions rise slightly and whimpered.. The after effect of the voice was still in his system. But he huffed and ignored it since it wasn't that bad yet.