Ice Cream

{Word Count: 500+}

You felt his eyes on you as you shoved a spoonful of your vanilla ice cream that was topped with whipped cream and sprinkles. "What?" You looked back over at him, mouth freezing. "Nothing." He smiled and licked his cone. You nudged him gently, making him shove his cone into his face, caramel drizzled ice cream covering his nose. "H-Hey!" He flicked his tongue up in an attempt to lick the ice cream from his nose, failing adorably.

You giggled watching him struggle and took another bite of your ice cream. The sun had started to set over the city, a golden color washed over the bench where both you and Chris sat. "I think a booger fell on my ice cream." He pouted, he tossed the cone into the trash can beside him and then threw his head onto your shoulder. You giggled, using your free hand to wrap around his neck and stroke his cheek gently. "You can have some of mine."
He looked up at you, his big brown eyes reminded you of those of a puppy. "I'll eat all of it." He pulled himself away from your shoulder and grabbed the cup from your hand, shoving spoonfuls of ice cream into his mouth. "Wait don't eat all of it dummy!" You attempted to grab the cup back but he stood up, running away like a child.

You sighed gently, watching as he giggled while continuing shoving loads of ice cream into his mouth, pausing in his steps and waving at you with the spoon in hand. "Give me back my ice cream!" You shouted across the park, standing up and starting to walk towards where he was. He giggled again, shoving more ice cream into his mouth and then continued to run away from you. "It's mine now!" He said between laughs and plopped down under a nearby oak tree, he set the cup down and waited for you to (finally) catch up.

Once you caught up, you narrowed your eyes at him and then at the cup that still surprisingly had a bit of ice cream left. You stretched out your hand, demanding the ice cream — instead, he pulled you down with him, you fell gently onto his lap. Peppering you with kisses and teasingly saying "the ice cream was so good thank you y/n" he grabbed the cup, "now open your mouth." He grinned, waving the spoon of ice cream in your face making small airplane noises — "open wide y/n!" he giggled again. You rolled your eyes, opening your mouth and shrieking in horror when he dabbed the ice cream all over your nose instead. "Ah! Okay, we are even we are even, hand me a napkin."

The sun had full set by now, traces of blue had started to fill the sky as a way to symbolize the day finally coming to an end. "Here." He wiped off the ice cream from your face, still holding your tightly around your waist with his free hand. "I guess maybe I deserved that." You smiled gently at him, brushing away stray hairs that had fallen into his face. "Maybe? You definitely did." He looked at you lovingly.

You leaned in to place a gentle kiss onto his lips, cupping his face with both of your hands and smiling brightly. "I love you." You whispered gently. And although your eyes were closed, you could feel him smiling, his dimple pressed against your thumb as he whispered through his beaming smile "I love you more."

Author's note: ahh, sorry it's so short, i'm still not used to writing fluff ;-; thank you for waiting on me while i went on hiatus, so much has been going on in my personal life but i'm happy to be back and writing once more!