Just A Dream

{Word Count: 469}

You laid you head up against Chris's chest, feeling his warm arms wrap around you even tighter against you as you stated up at the night sky. He continued to press soft kisses on the top of your head, whispering sweet nothings into your ear.

The two of you often went stargazing, spending long nights sat on a blanket drinking cheap wine and talking the night away until the sun rose once more. It may not be a super luxurious date night, but it sure was special to yours

Unlike most nights, today there was no alcohol, or conversation — just you and Chris' soft cold breathes and his heart beat slowly pounding against your back.

"Are you ready to go yet?" he asked, pressing another kiss to your head. "No not yet." You grabber onto his hand, locking it in place and making sure he didn't let go of you. "Five more minutes?" he asked. You nodded quickly, staring up at the blank sky — there were no stars tonight.

  "Has work been okay?" He asked, it wasn't like him to make small talk, but you figured the small talk was better than the awful silence that had consumed the both of you tonight. "It's okay, I keep falling out but I'll go back eventually." He just nodded.

"I think I'm too depressed to show my face there." You added.
"Why?" He asked.
- "You know why."

He didn't reply for a few moments, "I know you, Y/N, you're stronger than this — this isn't like you at all."

You let out a long sigh, " can we just talk about something else?"
- "Yeah."

More silence.

A shooting star flew across the night sky, shining a small amount of light against the both of you.

"What'd you wish for?" He asked.
- "If I tell you it won't come true."
"Please ?"
- "I wished for more time with you."

He smiled, you couldn't see it, but you could feel it.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked again.
- "Five more minutes ?"
"If I keep doing five more minutes then we would be here for forever"
- "Maybe that's the plan"
"I wish"
- "Me too."
"You ready?" He asked once more.
- "No."
"Okay, five more minutes."

You turned around to face him, his eyes dark and dull. "I love you." You whispered. "I love you." He replied, leaning in and kissing your lips gently.

"I love you" You repeated against his lips.
- "I love you." He cupped your face time it's both hands, pressing his forehead against yours. "I love you." You let our a sniffle, a tear falling down your cheek. "I know baby. I love you." He whispered softly.

"You ready to go?" He asked. You nodded, tears streaming down your face.

You awoke in your bed, sobbing violently— you missed him a lot.

Author's Note: here's a short one shot, i've been real busy with work and dealing w my mental health lately so i apologize for the extended hiatus.