Showering With Him (Not Sexual)

{word count: 833}

You stuck your hand underneath the running water, letting the hot water crash onto the palm of your hand.

Your boyfriend had been stressed to the core, staying up late at night writing music, and waking up early that same day for rehearsals.

The purple eye bags underneath his eyes seemed to grow more visible each time you saw him; You turned your head, watching as he stripped down to his boxers, ruffling his blonde curly hair with his hand before giving you a shy smile.

"Get in." You motioned towards the running shower.

Chris stepped in, letting the heat of the water instantly relax every muscle inside of his body.

You stepped in after him, embracing him tightly from behind and resting your forehead  against his back.

The both of you stayed in that position for a few minutes, letting the water drench your bodies as you held him impossibly close. He held your hands that were wrapped around him, as if he was scared that you were going to let go and he would melt away in the water.

You could feel your heart beat as you continued to press against him, feeling his body heat against yours. It was fast, but also really relaxed. You always felt excited and very safe around him, and you hoped that that's exactly how he felt when he was in your arms. Safe.

You placed a soft kiss onto his back, right now he is safe. He is in your arms, safe. It is just you, him, and the water. Nothing else.

You peppered a few more kisses onto his skin before deattaching yourself from him.

You grabbed the shampoo bottle, applying a generous amount into your hands. "Close your eyes." You whispered. He nodded, tossing his head back as you lathered his soft hair with shampoo. You massaged his scalp with your thumbs, tracing small circles. You continued massaging his hair and scalp for a few more seconds, letting the water wash away all the foam from the shampoo. He melted into your touch, continuing to throw his head back further and further until he collapsed into your chest. You held on to him, water crashing into your wet skin. The comfortable silence and sound of the water falling was exactly what he had needed to let go of everything pounding in his mind. His soft breathing contrasted to the sound of his heart beating real fast. "You okay?" You whispered softly, holding him tighter. He only nodded his head, the last of the  remaining shampoo had rinsed off. You pulled your arms away from him, pressing a soft kiss onto his broad shoulder and grabbed the conditioner.

You applied a generous amount of conditioner onto the palm of your hand, running the lathered hand throughout his hair; letting you fingers gently glide through his wet curls.

You continued to  sweep his hair away from his face, gently combing through his hair.

Once you stopped running your fingers through his hair he turned around to face you, he gently placed a loving kiss onto your forehead, cupping your face as he did.

"Never in my life have I felt so loved and cared for" he muttered against your head, placing another gentle kiss onto your forehead.

"Let me finish washing you." You giggled, proceeding to grab the loofah and scented body wash. You drizzled the lavender liquid onto the loofah, letting some of the water drop onto it before gently scrubbing Chris' neck. You worked your way down onto his body, gently making small circles against his fair skin.

Bathing him felt like bathing a new born baby, you had to be gentle. And gentle you were, with so much love and affection you had for him, all you could EVER be is gentle.

Chris wrapped his arms around you once more, some of the excess foam getting onto your skin as he pressed his body against yours, only mere water droplets separating the two of you. As water continued to fall, slowly getting colder, the two of you stood in the shower, letting it fall upon the both of.

Neither of you moved for what felt like forever, a forever that was worth living for in this life, and the next.

You felt his heart beat slow down, still pounding against his chest with every beat. "Thank you." He whispered, almost inaudibly. "You're welcome." You replied even softer. Unsure if he heard you or not, you placed a light kiss onto his exposed chest.

"I love you." He whispered, "and I love your love, it's like a mother's love, but much more intimate." You could feel his arms wrapping around you even tighter. "Thank you." He whispered again, holding you even closer.

By now, the water had gone cold. Yet, the two of you continued to stay there, embracing one another. And though the water was cold, the warmth and love he radiated was enough to keep the both of you warm.