post break up

{Word Count: 642}

Moving on from a break up with who you thought was the love of your life is hard. Filing in the empty space they left behind is torture enough, but breaking old habits is harder.
Waking up every day to no new text from him. Not knowing how his day is going. Not being able to text him how work went, or a random thought that crossed your mind. Always missing him but never being able to text or call him. Painfully looking at photos of him and trying to remember every single detail of his face before you forget how he looked like completely.
There are little to no words to describe how badly a break up hurts, and the millions of thoughts that race through your mind during your time away from one another. The wishful thinking that one day you'll randomly get a text from him, or randomly run into him never stops — but that is all it is, wishful thinking.

It has only been a few weeks since you and Chris broke up — both of you mutually agreeing that the magic you two held was no longer there and you were becoming more and more toxic for each other.
A video you once watched talked about how relationships and friendships are all made of moments — and that you have to live in that moment and enjoy the feeling that moment gives you, because that's all life is: a series of moments. Unfortunately, if you drag a moment for longer than it should be, the magic will be lost — and that's exactly what happened.
It's not that you and Chris didn't love each other, you held so much love for that boy and he did as well. But as you two grew, you also outgrew one another. Both of you seemed to have different plans and goals in life, and when push came to shove — you could no longer see eye to eye. And that is okay.

Today you found yourself staring at a scrapbook Chris had made you for your birthday. The words "i love you" written on the very back, it was the first time he had ever said it in your relationship with him. You traced over the cursive letters, reminiscing on the feeling that you felt when you first read those words. A heavy feeling settled on your chest as you closed the book, bursting into tears — since the breakup, anything that reminded you of Chris had been stored away into a box in the corner of your room, untouched.

You hated to admit that you missed Chris. Hated to know that no matter how hard the two of you tried to make the relationship work that it still wasn't enough. The worst part of everything is knowing that no matter how hard you tried, how hard he tried, how hard the both of you tried — you simply were not meant to be together. But the thought of him being "the one" in an alternate timeline lingered in your head.

Memories of you and Chris flooded your head as you threw the book across the room in frustration. Every laugh you shared with him, every late night talk, every sunrise and sunset you watched, every single time he made you smile and even the times he made you cry — every moment replayed in your head like a tiny flashback. And in this moment, you closed your eyes and whispered to the universe begging to bring him back into your life when you were both ready to be with one another. Let that be a few months, or years — you would wait for him. Because, at the end of the day - you would never love anyone as much as you loved Chris and would never feel as loved as you did when you were around him.

Author's Note: in a way, this is me projecting my feelings onto y/n — i unfortunately just went through a break up and my feelings are all over the place </3 ,, though i shall try to use these feelings and create them into short one shots for you to enjoy. thank you for your patience with me and waiting for updates. <3

Author's Note pt ii (for Sun): i am unsure if you will read this or not, quite frankly i'm not sure if you ever skimmed through any of my work. i guess i used you for inspiration once more, didn't i? everything said here, is true (minus the throwing of the scrapbook i wouldn't do that) — in a way i hope that the universe brings us back together when we are both ready.... i love you, and i always will.