depression

{Word Count: 622}

It has been weeks since you last left your room. Dirty dishes and piles of dirt clothes piled throughout the floor, making it nearly impossible to maneuver through your room. The never ending pit of emptiness had consumed you whole, and while time passed relatively slowly to you — those around you had noticed how long it has been since you last showed your face, especially your boyfriend Chris.

He was (unfortunately) used to the depressive episodes that consumed you whole. The not texting back, the always being asleep, the being isolated and alone until you felt better - and he never shamed you for it. You couldn't begin to imagine how hard it must be on him on the days you got like this where you give 1% and he's given no other choice but to give you 99% while you recover and feel like yourself again.

He stood outside of your room, holding a small bouquet of of sunflowers and red roses, along with a small teddy bear. "I figured you could use some company." He grinned, stepping over some of the piles of clothes and sitting down on the edge of your unmade bed. A bunch of clothes and other trinkets littered your bed, only a small space for you to sleep in was made. He didn't seem to mind though, setting down the plushie and flowers on your cluttered desk, he proceeded to push away some of the things on your bed and laid beside you, immediately spooning you. "How are you feeling?" He asked, squeezing himself into the blanket you had wrapped around yourself. You stayed quite, you weren't sure how you were feeling. Lonely? Tired? Depressed?

He wrapped his arms around you tightly, kissing the back of your head — unbothered by the fact you hadn't showered in two weeks. "I've missed you a lot." He muttered. You could feel his heart beat hard against your back, "I missed you too. I'm sorry I've been in a funk and haven't gotten out of it completely.." Your words trailed off, despite how much you tried you always seemed to end up in a pit of depression and isolation.

"I understand." You weren't facing him, but you could tell he was smiling. It was just like him to smile despite how painfully horrible things were right now. "I'll get out of it soon, I promise." You whispered, mostly to yourself. "No one is rushing you, this is a Y/N battle, I'm simply supporting you from the side line." He continued to hold you tightly, his breathing in sync with yours.

"How about you shower? And I'll help you clean a bit of your room and maybe order take out?"

You giggled lightly, "Are you saying I stink?" You joked.

  "Maybe...." He laughed, "Though if you're not up for it, we can just order take out."

You shook your head, "I have to shower eventually ... I feel gross."

He let go of you, letting you crawl out of bed and grab a towel. "Pizza?" You asked, grabbing a change of clothes from the dresser. "With extra cheese." He replied excitedly, standing up and grabbing the bouquet of flowers, "I'll throw out the old flowers and replace them with these.. You shower and I'll order the pizza."

You smiled at him, running into his arms and hugging him tightly. "I love you so much." You whispered. "And I love you so much." He replied, kissing the top of your head. "Now go shower because you actually stink."

You gently pushed him away, giggling as you walked over to the bathroom. Your battle with depression is a long and hard one, but you were happy to have someone to help you through it.

Author's Note: I want to say that this is a more personal one? As someone who struggles with depression, my best friend is the one who often helps me in my times of need. Though in this case I made Chan y/n's romantic partner, my intentions weren't to romanticize mental illness and make it seem like having a romantic partner will help you through your depression (side note, it won't) — anyways, i hope my babies who struggle with mental health problems get the help they need and one day reach their inner peace and are in a place where they're happy and healthy. ily ❤️