- ', [care-taker] ꒱

"This is all so fucking dramatic," I groaned, walking besides Kuroo in the empty school hallway with an ice pack pressed on my face. 

The pain had mostly gone away by now, but I could tell it was swelling.

The nurse had checked me for signs of a concussion, but there weren't any, which I'd said in the first place.

She'd sent me back with an ice pack and assigned Kuroo as my "care-taker". No joke, she used those actual words. Who does that?

"Wouldn't wanna ruin that precious face of yours," Kuroo responded to my irritation with a chuckle, "Permanently."

"Is that a threat?" I gave him a fake smile, "Because I wouldn't mind ruining your face, permanently."

"I was being nice!" Kuroo complained.

"You're the furthest thing from nice, Tetsurou," I rolled my eyes, and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"I'm the nicest person ever," He crossed his arms over his chest, "Here, I'll prove it."

"Yeah right- wait, what are you-" Kuroo grabbed onto my bag, tugging it off my shoulder and slinging it over his own. 

"See?" He looked so pleased with himself, "And now, I'll carry you to my car-"

"Slow down, weirdo," I raised an eyebrow at him, my shoulder relaxing from the weight of the bag that had been lifted, "Aren't we going back to practice?"

"With you in this condition?" He laughed, "No way, we're talking you home."

"Are you serious?" I exclaimed, dropping the ice pack, "I'm fine!"

"Oh, really?" He gave me a knowing look and before I realized what was happening, he reached his hand out and clutched my face in his palm, right where it hurt.

I winced.

"See?" He pulled his hand away, "It hurts more than you're letting on."

"Thanks dad," I grumbled, defeated "Fine, let's go home." 

Kuroo took a step closer and I held out my hand in a "stop" motion, "But you are not carrying me."

"Why not?" Kuroo frowned, "I wanted to show you what a nice guy I am."

"Too late for that," I snickered, and he just sighed, turning around and heading towards the exit.

I trailed behind Kuroo as he led me out the building, grateful for the fact that he couldn't see my face. 

Because I was 99% sure it was red.

I was overthinking, I knew it, but when Kuroo had put his hand on my face... it was gentler than I thought it'd be. I felt...

Ugh. Obviously, getting hit in the face with a ball lowered by brain cell count temporarily.

I was thinking crazy.

We reached the main door, and just as Kuroo opened it for me, I stopped and looked at him.

"Won't the coach wonder where you went?" I asked.

He shrugged, "I'll just text Kenma to tell him I had to do something important."

"Oh. Okay," I was feeling the slightest bit of elation at the fact that he was willing to skip practice for me.

"Besides, not like I need the practice anyways," He smirked, opening the door and leading me outside.

Yeah, there it was. 

Letting out a sigh, I followed him out the door and into the school parking lot. Making our way towards his car, he opened the passenger door for me.

"I can open my own doors, Kuroo," I rolled my eyes at him, but sat down anyways. Somebody was still butt-hurt about the "nice" comment from earlier.