- ', [jealous] ꒱

Trying to forget about Kuroo momentarily, I walked inside the cafe.

I immediately spotted Suga, standing out from the rest with his light gray-toned hair. My heart did a little flip when I saw how good he looked, and he caught my eye, smiling.

I lifted my hand in a polite wave as I walked over to where he was sitting.

"Sugawara-san!" I plastered a smile across my face, and he stood up.

"Hi, y/n," He looked at me, turning the grin, "And please, drop the formalities. Just call me Suga."

"Okay... Suga," I replied awkwardly, and there was an air of uncertainty between us.

I rocked back and forth in my place, and Suga looked me up and down as if he was taking me in. As I looked up at his face, another smile tugged on the ends of his lips.

The two of us made brief eye contact before bursting into laughter. A wave of understanding passed between us and Suga held out his arms for me as I leaned into them, letting him hug me.

A relieved sigh escaped his mouth, "I missed you, y/n."

I pulled away from the hug, "Missed you too, Suga."

All of a sudden, it felt as if our old dynamic had returned, messy breakup forgotten. Suga motioned for me to take a seat, him doing the same in front of me. I could feel his eyes on me.

"You look good," Suga told me.

"I know."

That made him laugh, "Same old y/n. For real though. You-"

His thought was interrupted by the waitress coming by and asking what we'd like to have. We placed our orders, light snacks and our preferred coffees. 

Waiting for our food to arrive, Suga and I talked, falling into an easy sort of rhythm as if it hadn't been months since we'd said a word to one another. 

"So, how are you adjusting to your new life?" Suga asked, resting his face in the palm of his hand.

"I thought I'd already answered that over text," I told him, raising an eyebrow, which made him laugh again.

"Yeah, I guess you did. But come on, you hated Nekoma because of it's rivalry with Karasuno. Couldn't have been easy to move there."

"Yeah... it wasn't."

Suga continued, "Oh, and not to mention... didn't that one guy you despised go there? You were always complaining about him when the two of us were... um, together."

"Right..." I replied absentmindedly, looking down at the table. Did I really talk about Kuroo that much, even in the past?

"What was his name?" Sugawara though for a moment, "Started with a K...?"

"Kuroo," I finished for him, "And we're friends now, so it's all good."

Our conversation suddenly felt tinted with the mention of Kuroo's name, and the initial excitement I'd felt about meeting up with Suga was gone. Why couldn't I escape him anywhere?"

Suga's eyes widened, "Really? Thats nice but... wow. Kiyoko was just telling me the other day how much you missed Karasuno and that you hated that guy."

Kiyoko was really oversharing on my behalf, huh? I'd have to talk to her later.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I forced another fake smile, "Me and Kuroo are super close." Not a completely lie, considering we... well, you know. 

Suga's smile slowly faded off his face, "Kuroo...? I think I've met him before. He's the Nekoma volleyball captain, isn't he?"

"That's me," I heard his smooth voice come from behind me and nearly jumped, turning around to see Tetsurou Kuroo walking right towards us with a smirk on his face. What the fuck.