- ', [drunk] ꒱

The car was deathly silent as Kuroo drove the two of us to school that day.

It was the morning after our group assignment with Ayano, and just 16 hours ago, Kuroo had stayed behind for a few minutes in the basement with her, alone, doing god knows what. 

But who cared.

I could feel Kuroo's tension, his mouth itching to say something to break the silence. He'd have to be the one to do it, because I wasn't cracking.

I'm sure it was his pride that kept him quiet for so long, but eventually he gave in, letting out a prolonged sigh.

"You're mad again, aren't you, y/n?" He glances at me, trying his best to sound casual.

"No, I'm not."

"Come on, don't be like that," Kuroo's voice was low, "I know why you're mad, too, but trust me, yesterday Ayano and I-"

I cut him off, "Seriously, Tetsurou. It's fine. I'm not mad. I don't own you or anything, you can do what you want."

"I know that," Kuroo responds, "Like I said, though, Ayano and I are nothing. She can't have what the two of us do."

I snort, "And what exactly do the two of us have?"

Kuroo grins, his tone playful, "Our little arrangement. Our secret. Two people, once enemies are now fucking-"

"Were you always this cheesy?" I make a disgusted face at him, but he's still smirking.

"It worked, didn't it?" Kuroo looked me over, "You're not mad anymore."

I didn't even realize it, but it was true. I wasn't mad at Kuroo, more so at Ayano. He knew exactly what he was doing. 

"You think you're so smooth," I roll my eyes, looking out the window so he can't see the slight grin forming on my face.

"I know I am," He replies cockily and I give him the side eye.

- - - - - 

The school day went by surprisingly fast, and I had just said goodbye to Akari who had to rush out to catch her bus in time.

I was at my locker, gathering my things when I saw a figure approaching me out of the corner of my eye.

"Hey," It was Kuroo, and I turned my head over my shoulder to see him leaning against the locker next to mine.

"Hi," I rolled my eyes, grabbing the last of my things and shoving them in my bag.

"What, you think you're above saying hi to me now?" Kuroo mimicked my eye roll, and I just made a face at him.

Just to spite him, I acted like it was taking longer than needed to close up my bag and locker.

"Hurry up already," Kuroo whined, "I wanna get home."

"Whining's not going to get you anywhere," I smirked, and this time he rolled his eyes for real.

He took a step closer which confined us to the very limited space that was already between us, looking down at me. I thought my breath stopped for a second as my arm brushed against Kuroo's chest.

"Will you please hurry, y/n?" Kuroo asked in a half-serious manner, but I could see the playful gleam behind his eyes.

I was suddenly aware of just how many people were around us, and more so the fact that all their eyes seemed to be on me.

Kuroo probably didn't even realize what he was doing, but when the most popular guy at school, the resident playboy, was standing this close to you, talking in what seemed like an intimate manner to most people....