- ', [ditch] ꒱

"Y/n, Kuroo will be here any moment!" My mom called out from downstairs.

"I know, mom!" I groaned as I tried to fix my hair into its place. 

It was the night of the dance, and having never been to one, I was trying to look as nice as possible. And it had nothing to do with the fact that I was going with Kuroo and wanted to look good for him.

My dress was simple, yet elegant, and Akari had helped me pick it. 

I finally got the hair right, so I shoved my phone in a purse and walked down the stairs to get this over with.

I head over to the living room to show my mom the look, but to my surprise, Kuroo was there as well, sitting on the couch.

It took everything in me not to let my jaw drop.

His hair was gelled back just slightly, allowing for a view of both his eyes. He wore a plain white button down with a black tie and black pants, sleeves rolled up to his elbow.

He looked me up and down, a small smile spreading across his face as he and my mom both stood up.

"I didn't realize you were already here," I muttered as Kuroo walked over to me.

"Yeah, I just got here..." He replied, his eyes taking me in, "You look... wow."

"Thanks," I told him, my face heating up at the compliment, and he offered me a hand as my mom looked between the two of us, a knowing smirk on her face.

I took his hand, ignoring my mother's gaze as he led me through the hallway and out the front door. 

He opened the passenger door of his car so I could sit.

"Someone's a real gentleman tonight," I remarked sarcastically, but he just gave me a pleased look and got in his own seat. I had to stop feeding into his ego like that.

"Have fun kids!" My mom called out, leaning against the frame of the main door, and we waved at her. 

Kuroo started up the car and we drove towards the school.

I was very aware of the fact that Kuroo kept sneaking glances at me when he thought I didn't notice, and I had to admit, it was a good feeling.

That, and there were butterflies in my stomach. Why did he have have to look so good? Why did he have to look at me like that? I could barely take it.

As we got closer to the school, I felt a little overwhelmed.

"What exactly are we expected to do at these dances anyways?" I asked Kuroo with hestiance, wondering if he'd make fun of me, "And I mean besides just dancing,"

Kuroo let out a laugh, "Don't tell me you're nervous."

"I'm not," I grumbled, "I just wanted to know."

I looked down. Maybe this was a bad idea. Why the fuck was I going with Kuroo in the first place? The more time I spent around him, the more I...

Kuroo stopped laughing, "Hey, I was just playing around. Don't worry about it, its just an over-glorified party, not a big deal. And you don't have anything to be nervous about, seeing as you'll be the prettiest girl there."