- ', [cheering up] ꒱

It had been over a week since the incident with the volleyball, and yes, my face was much better now.

Thanks for asking.

Oh, and another thing that happened?

Kuroo was giving me rides to school every day now without my mom having to ask him to come pick me up. I couldn't tell if it was out of sympathy, guilt from hitting me, or because he genuinely wanted to give me a ride.

I mean, I am pretty great company. 

And... we argued somewhat less.

After that day when he'd helped me out, taken me home, actually acted like he gave a shit, something had shifted in our dynamic, even though I couldn't exactly put my finger on it.

Although... he had left abruptly then to go see some mystery girl. He hadn't brought it up since though, so neither did I.

 "You want a ride home too?" Kuroo asked me one morning as we drove to school, "We both have to stay after school for the volleyball match anyways."

"Sure," I responded, glancing at him, "My first volleyball match."

"Not yours," He said, "You're just the manager."

"I'm in a higher position than you," I told him, crossing my arms.

"Actually, I'm the captain, so..."

"A really lousy one," I grumbled, turning away to look out the window. 

Kuroo let out a laugh, and although I rolled my eyes, I wasn't really bothered. His laugh used to get on my nerves since it was so smug, but now...

This sort of banter wasn't unusual for us, but the hostility hidden behind those words was gone. It was the normal sort of thing you'd expect from two people who were friends, or maybe more. Not that we were either of those.

And I had definitely talked to Kuroo way more than I'd ever thought I would ever since I moved to Nekoma.   

We arrived in front of school, snapping me out of my thoughts, Kuroo parking quickly because we were already running late.

"See you later," He told me as he rushed off into the school building, me trailing behind.

- - - - -

The rest of the day passed by pretty quickly.

I still missed Karasuno constantly, but I had made new friends here. I was adjusting. 

After class, Kenma and I walked together to the gym for the match

Kenma looked over at me on our way there, "I heard you've been getting rides from Kuroo."

"Oh,  yeah," I responded, a bit distracted.

"So you guys finally put aside that silly rivalry?" Kenma raised an eyebrow at me.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I rolled my eyes at Kenma, reaching the entrance to the gym, "I really don't have much of a choice."

"You could take the bus," Kenma told me, "Or get dropped off by your mom."

"Nah, too much trouble," Kenma laughed at that.

"Whatever you need to tell yourself, y/n, whatever you need to tell yourself," He gave me a knowing sort of stare before reaching for the door handles, pushing it open.