1

[EDITED]

 Chap 1

The soft glow of the moonlight rays glowed down onto your face. You looked up at it, the silky red fabric of the bandana tightly tied around your head and eyes, being illuminated by the moonlight. You were sitting on the edge of a giant cave, feet dangling over the cliff. Your h/l h/c was slightly messy as it fluttered in the soft midnight breeze.

Your elf like ears twitched, the small chain and gold earrings pierced on them glistening in the light. You sighed and swung your legs back and forth, hugging your small maroon hoodie closer to you. You looked at your black ripped jeans, the cold night air nipping at your skin. You shuffled closer to the crackling fire, feeling comfort in its warm flames.

Your beat up boots with small mud spots sat comfortably on your feet. You reached for your acoustic guitar, deciding to play something to pass the time. Tuning your guitar you winced at the wrong note but soon began to play. You decided to strum a soft tune; not bubbly but not sad either, it was soft and peaceful. You started humming along gently. It was at times like these you didn't feel like some outcast.

[play music now]

You didn't have to feel like some type of monster when you're up here in the mountains. It's as if the world paused sometimes for you. Whatever god was out there knew how you were struggling and let you have these small moments of peace. Moments when you aren't worrying about what people would do when they come up the summit.

Yes this is you. The supposed monster on the top of the mountain. The rumors were not fully true... you've heard it all, a scary witch, a terrifying ghost, crazy doctor. Who even knows how that rumor started. The one thing that was true was...you ask people if they'd remembered you. Although, most didn't actually make it up the mountain. It was a deadly trip and most did not survive.

They would die from the slippery hill, avalanches, from a sickness, the poisonous animals, or a pack of wolves found near the mountain top close where you lived. The list goes on. Then again, the rumors have never been so wrong. By your spotted skin and thin tail and elf ears you could understand why people called you a monster. You don't push people down mountains, you could feel, you weren't really a beast...a monster. At least that is what you really wanted to believe. Your tail flicked waving away the small drops of ash falling on it from the fire crackling behind you.

[ okay just to give you a description of what you look like, you have a maroon hoodie with a moon on the front, black ripped skinny jeans, brown combat boots, a black uneven skin patch over your left eye, and other skin patches on your arms and legs. and a thin black tail with black fur on the ends. You also have pointy elf ears with earrings and chains of all sorts on them. And you have some freckles. You also have the silk red bandana covering your eyes and stuff. so yes no more descriptions you know now ]

Your ears twitched as you listened to the small howls of wolves and the glow of fireflies that lit up the peaceful night. You watched the bats flutter their wings, enjoying the freedom of flight dancing around in the blissful moonlight. All you wanted was help...or a friend. Just someone that would listen. You've been here all your life, all alone. No mom, no dad. You just remember being here since a very young age. For all you know you could have been created out of nowhere. You haven't remembered a single thing since you've been here. No past memories, no hints. Just the mountain cave you've learned to call home..

Sometimes you would come down from the cave, but only to hunt for food. If you were to actually go down surely hell would break loose and you'd be hunted down and killed. Just like most attempt to when they successfully make it up here. Of course you never hurt them. But...Karma catches up to them; the first time they slipped and fell off the mountain, the second the pack of wolves dragged them down, the third phantoms came and carried them away. Each was equally traumatic and terrifying but you're still quite thankful. You'd live another day...but how many more lives until your own karma catches up to you like those people?

The one good thing that did come out of it was the stuff you'd find from people who had dropped their items on trips. That's how you found this guitar. It was by far your favourite find. So while growing up you taught yourself. You've played many pieces, all things you've made up on your own. Sometimes it would entertain the small animals that had scurried into your cave for warmth or to hide from the rain. For example your cat Tucker. He came and went as he pleased. A dark brown maine coon with green eyes and white paws. As silent as the whispers of the wind and as majestic as a wild horse, a small bit of his right ear slightly torn off but other than that flawless.

Sometimes a certain mob would come up your mountain. Enderman, or at least that's what humans called them. The tall mob would sometimes teleport in your cave whenever it was raining. You've come to notice they dont mix well with water. To be honest you really grew up around them. They are the ones who taught you how to speak. End speak is what they call it. Not the same endermen showed up but having conversations with them or learning about their travels always entertained you when it was a rainy day and they needed shelter. You were heartbroken to learn that humans killed these gentle beasts for their ability to teleport. What a horrid thing. They were such kind and beautiful souls, sure some could be mean or different but they all have personality, and feelings just like humans.

Every living thing has feelings. If only the humans weren't so dense and tried to see things from the other side, half the violence that people see in the world right now wouldn't be happening today. You always wished those creatures well. Stopping your guitar playing you slowly stood up, your tail slowly swinging from side to side to keep your balance. Stretching you let out a shaky yawn as you walked deeper into your cave and set your guitar along a stone wall. This was your sleeping quarters, a sleeping mat with a sleeping bag, a blanket, plenty of books and quills to draw with, bowls of different coloured paints and different drawings of things on the wall, most of them being enderman, but also horses, your cat, and wolves. It was surprising how many items humans leave up here. The rest of your belongings were jewels in a pile of all kinds, and a harp...you didn't have much but it was home.

You laid down on your sleeping bed and shimmied into it and leaned close to the fire to soak in it's warm rays. You took your hand and pinched out the lantern light next to your head, now the only light being from the fire. While sighing you tiredly rubbed your eyes through the bandanna and turned away from the fire, going to sleep.