9

Chap 9

[No i unfortunately didn't get the Translator fixed but yes she's still speaking enderman.]

"N?"

"/n? ....o.....ay?"

"y/n? ....ease....ri....i...e...oo"

"y/n? Please wake up...are you alright?"

An all too familiar voice brought you out of your heavy sleep. A small groan came from your lips as you squinted your eyes open. You first grumbled and turned over recalling you passed out when you entered your home. "Not now Ranboo...I'm tireedd..." You groaned at his early morning shenanigans. You snuggled deeper into your pillow closing your eyes and pulling your blankets over your head. That's when you processed what you said and your eyes snapped open as you sat up quickly. "RANBOO!?" you said in shock looking at the green and red-eyed boy. He gave a sheepish wave as he rubbed the back of his neck. You noticed the golden locket still around his neck and the familiar black leather book he held close to his chest.

"W-what are you doing here?" You asked in confusion as you tossed your covers off of you and looked at him with a tilted head, your ears perked and tail flicking. You're happy to see him for sure as it has been three days, though why was he back? Did he forget something? Ranboo's gaze turned from sheepish to a faraway look. He looked slightly nervous yet somewhat serious. Ranboo closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths before putting his hands on your shoulders and making direct eye contact with you. "Do you trust me?" he asked with a serious tone. His usual stammers, gone. You frowned, not expecting a question like that at all. Did you trust Ranboo? You did spend almost a whole week with him...but was it enough to trust him with your life? Well, you've known enderman for way shorter periods and trusted them with everything. You hesitated but nodded, questioning to yourself where he was going with this.

Ranboo inhaled before continuing. "Come with me." He stated with a straight face looking you directly in the eye. Catching you off guard your own eyes widened as you raised your eyebrows at him in surprise as your tail stopped moving. His own tail flicked with caution. "P-pardon?"

"Come with me." He repeated. Before giving you a chance to reply he continued. "Look I know I'm a complete stranger and you probably think I'm crazy but come with me. You've been in this cave your whole life right? You said that you wanted to be able to travel and adventure, you've only stayed near the area around the mountains so come with me. We can travel together and try to figure out who we are. We could find our parents, we could go on adventures. You could get your and Tucker's house together...and you can get your locket fixed. I didn't want to make a promise I couldn't keep. You deserve to get it fixed yourself. It's your favorite melody, isn't it? So please...come with me"

You looked at him with wide eyes, your mouth open in shock as you tried to find something to say. Your brows furrowed as you digested what he said with a small weary smile. You gently took his hands off your shoulders and held them. "Ranboo I...I'd love to." His face lit up with a bright smile before you continued. "But I can't...It's..it's just so sudden...and I don't have the materials to survive out there..and you know the humans don't like me. They'd surely kill me if they found out I'd left. I'm sorry but...I have to stay here. It's my home." Ranboo's face fell as he heard what you said. His eyes looked into yours again, a determined look burning in them. Even if he couldn't see your eyes, he knew they faced each other. Even if it made him a bit uncomfortable to make direct eye contact. "That's just another reason to leave! Think about it. If you were to get far away enough, you wouldn't be hunted down. Plus there are other hybrids like us out there somewhere. I've seen a town where they get along with humans. You already go out to get materials. It's the same thing except it's just adventures. Look, I know you're scared but consider this. If you were to wait for the humans to lose interest it'd be long before then and you'd be up in this cave for a bunch more centuries. So leave now, you and Tucker could be happy together...so just please...come with me" He looked at you with a pleading look, his eyes glowing brighter as it illuminated his face.

"I don't know..." You mumbled looking around your cave avoiding his gaze. Our eyes traveled all around your home as you thought about what he said. The humans were very persistent. They'd keep trying to come up here either way. One of them is just going to be determined to try and claim the title of killing the monster of the mountain. Plus, it's been getting harder to get food for you and Tucker...

"Please.." Ranboo whispered, snapping you out of your worried trance. With one more think over you hummed and nodded. "A-alright... I'll come with you...on one condition..."

Ranboo looked ecstatic, his tail flicking with glee. "Of course! What might it be?"

"Can we promise to stay with each other until the other finds themselves? I know it sounds dumb, and- erm well we just met but, I don't want to be alone on my journeys, and well it's probably going to be tough y'know? Then the uh humans might- wow this sounded better in my head ne-"

"I promise."
Ranboo cut you off looking at you. There it was, that unreadable expression that swirled in the young enderlings eyes. You marveled at him and nodded. "I promise as well," You repeated back to him which made Ranboo give a small sheepish smile. His gaze looked down at both of your hands intertwined together and his eyes widened as he quickly let go and waterfalls of apologies fell from his mouth. You watched with raised eyebrows as the white side of his face was dusted with a pink color. You giggled at how embarrassed he was getting as you stood up and started to stretch. "I uh- I'll um...do you...help right. Do you need help packing?" he sputtered out, still somewhat embarrassed. You thought about it looking around. There wasn't much to pack. You walked over to your satchel and opened it. Reaching in you pulled out the unnecessary items and started grabbing what you deemed essentials. "No thanks... I'll be good, there isn't much anyways..." He nodded in response and sat down, beginning to wait patiently and look around.

You went over the list of items you may need. Map, canteen, matches, knife, axe, books, extra bandannas...You walked back and forth around the room as you checked off some of the things on your list before you paused in your quick strides to see Ranboo writing in his memory book. You smiled at the action and chuckled before continuing to check off what was on your list.

After you finished packing you sighed and looked at Ranboo. "Alright...I'm ready to go" You said, looking at your now somewhat empty cave as you adjusted your guitar to strap around you to hold on your back. "Alright, this laaasssttttt sentence andddd...done." He finished whatever he was writing and closed his book and put it in his bag. And gave you an affirmed nod.

[I hope you don't mind but i'm skipping time cause a lot is planned in this chapter and i get tired of re-writing the same things for traveling down the mountain. It idk makes me sleepy so now you're on the path you left Ranboo at last time.]

You looked at the dirt path as you pushed past the bush in your way. You looked up at Ranboo with unsureness. "I don't know about this anymore Ranboo..." you said as your feet shuffled at the edge. Ranboo looked down at you with a small frown, somewhat akin to a pout. "Hey, don't give up now...we have a promise to fulfill don't we?" he tried to persuade you.

"Well yes but..it seems a lot scarier than I first thought..." You began talking about all the things that could go wrong and how much you were worrying. You were cut off by him grabbing your hand and gently guiding you forward onto the path. He gave you a reassuring smile. "Nothing bad will happen, we have each other so the other won't get hurt on the other's watch. Now come on, we have a lot of traveling to do." You looked at the dirt path you both were on and nodded with a determined look. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

hes back!