2

Chap 2

[edited!!]

A soft meow is what brought you out of your peaceful sleep. Letting out a small groan you groggily opened your eyes, rubbing them and blinking rapidly to get them to focus. There sitting on your chest was your cat, Tucker. His soft greenish hazel eyes tunneled into your own despite them being covered. That same mysterious edge he usually carried increased greatly. Meowing again he gently tapped your nose and got off of you, diverting his attention to messing with the small bugs in another part of the cave. Chuckling softly you got up, suddenly shivering at the coldness of the cave. Looking to your left you realized your fire was out. No wonder you were so cold. Shivering you dug around in your pile of stuff looking for the matchbox you had. You pulled it out and took out the small stick. Rolling it around in your small fingers you struck it against the box and, upon it burning, threw it into the small pile of leftover branches you had from the fire last night.

Once the fire lit up you carefully blew on it to kindle it and keep it from burning out and tossed a few leaves in it to feed the flames. Standing up you held onto the wall suddenly feeling unexpected cramps all over. Holding your hands together you stood up on your tippy-toes letting out a stretch-like yawn. With a flick of your tail, you slowly made your way towards the opening of the small cave. You squinted putting a hand over your eyes at the glowing rays of sunshine rising over the pine forest trees. It was a beautiful sunrise. Your eyes began to adjust to your bright scenery and you admired the morning. You always liked sunrises because they reminded you that despite how hard life may be, you always proved your strength enough to the point you survived another day. It meant you were worth staying on the face of the earth. It meant that despite people calling you a heartless monster maybe there was still some good in people. For the first time in a while, you smiled, laughing a bit.

"⊬⍜⎍ ⌇⟒⟒ ⏁⊑⟟⌇ ⏁⎍☊☍⟒⍀?  ⟟'⋔ ⌇⏁⟟⌰⌰ ⊑⟒⍀⟒. ⊑⟒⍀⟒ ⏃⋏⎅ ⌇⏁⍀⍜⋏☌..."

[Translation: You see this Tucker?  I'm still here. I'm here and strong.]

Tucker meowed somewhat understandingly, trotting up to you and rubbing against your leg, and purring tenderly. Smiling you picked him up gently and showed him the sunset, pointing it out for him.

"'⟟ ⍙⏃⋏⋏⏃ ⋔⏃☍⟒ ⊬⍜⎍ ⏃ ⌿⍀⍜⋔⟟⌇⟒ ⏁⎍☊☍⟒⍀. ⍜⋏⟒ ⎅⏃⊬, ⍙⟒⍀⟒ ☌⍜⟟⋏☌ ⏁⍜ ⏚⟒ ⎅⍜⍙⋏ ⏁⊑⟒⍀⟒ ⏁⍜☌⟒⏁⊑⟒⍀. ⍙⟒'⌰⌰ ⊑⏃⎐⟒ ⍜⎍⍀ ⍜⍙⋏ ⊑⍜⎍⌇⟒ ⏃⋏⎅ ⍙⟒ ☊⏃⋏ ⊑⏃⎐⟒ ⌇⎍⋏⎎⌰⍜⍙⟒⍀⌇ ⟟⋏ ⏁⊑⟒ ⍙⟟⋏⎅⍜⍙ ⌇⟟⌰⌰⌇...⏃⋏⎅ ⏃⌰⌰ ⏁⊑⟒ ⏁⎍⋏⏃ ⊬⍜⎍ ☊⍜⎍⌰⎅ ⟒⎐⟒⍀ ⍙⏃⋏⏁..."

[Translation: I wanna make you a promise Tucker. One day, we're going to be down there together. We'll have our own house and we can have Sunflowers in the window sills...and all the tuna you could ever want...]

Your soft voice was a bit raspy due to the lack of use in a while. And also due to you not being much of a talker. Kissing the top of his head gently, you set him down and he sat next to you. Sitting down as well you hummed gently. The air felt a bit humid signifying it would be another rainy day. But you didn't mind. It made you happy when it rained. It would be another quiet day when it rains. Peaceful; no screaming from outside the mountain. It also meant that there was a high chance an Enderman could come along. The Endermen's stories were always your favorite. They always told it in such vivid detail so fondly. You loved how their eyes seemed to glow brighter at the thought of their favorite places. Looking around your stone home you frowned standing up. Looks like today would be a cleaning day. You'd want your new friends to be as comfortable as possible. Sighing tiredly you wiped the small amount of dust off of your pants, getting to work. Advancing to your makeshift bedroom, you picked clothes up and moved them back to their respective places, and folded and organized them neatly. Getting your books you lined them up along with your paint supplies which you made sure didn't spill. Looking at all your gems and jewels you picked up your pillow and shoved them in it and put it back down gently.