12

[edited]

Re adjusting your bookbag on your back and petting Tuckers head who sat on atop your shoulder, you looked over at your duel colored friend. "Are you ready to go Ranboo?" You asked as you looked at the spot where your tent once stood. A small hum of aknowldegement came from Ranboo as he muttered a small almost done. As he tried to fit his book in his bag. Watching him struggle a bit, you noted the way his ears rose in frustration and a few sparks of purple flickered around him.

Reaching out a hand you gently moved his own hands away, and helped him adjust it so that his book went in, and meanwhile grabbing the map while doing so. "T-thanks" he mumbled out slightly embarrased as you picked it up for him, To which he instantly put it on. Opening the map, you eyed it with intrest before tilting your head in confusion. To be honest you never really paid much attention to the map, only knowing it was of use due to recognising your familiar cave mountain but now...the words...you couldnt read them. They appeared to be written in a strange tounge. One that you have never come across, except for on your locket.

Your ears flicked in confusion as you tilted your head at it like a lost puppy. "Whats the matter?" Ranboo leaned over your ahoulder being cautious to not knock over Tucker. Looking at the paper he tilted his head. "Is it wrong or something?"

"..its...the words are all funny looking." You mumbled with furrowed brows, either this was a new language or some horrible enderwriting. Though ranboo on the other hand seemed confused.

"I can read it just fine what do you mean?"  You turned to him with a wierd look and pointed to a drawing of a village with writing in the middle, "but they are shaped all funny, how can you read that?" You pondered over it tossing it around in your mind.

"Yeah i can, thats Paraway Town, and over here is Ceberus lake" he pointed out taking his finger and dragging it across the page where certain words were. Humming in thought you watched him point to a few things. "Were right here, Sunny day fields, if we go in a straight bee line im sure we will be able to be there maybe around sunset," You simply nodded.

Mind drifting off to somewhere else you coughed slightly and looked at ranboo. "Im sorry Ranboo, i thought i could help with the map, i didnt mean to make you do all the work yourself" said boy waved it off as he started walking down the unfamiliar dirt path "i wouldnt worry too much about it, i wouldve had to do this either way if i didnt get you to accompony me. You nodded in understanding and followed in his steps, still not sure. You at least didnt want to become dead weight to your friend. Youd just have to find another way to help.

Tucker who had climbed down your leg seeming to already know where to go began to start and trot ahead. Smiling at his adorable antics you continued on yourself. The three of you walking into a peaceful silence. You took a glance at Ranboo who was looking around at the trees that lie, over hanging shade from ther long sturdy branches of leaves. Eyeing the boy longer gave you a chance to look at his enderman side. As if feeling your stare his glowing green eye looked down at you. Tossing you a soft smile he looked back ahead again.

Smiling back you continued to mindlessly stare. Squinting a bit, you could see the lighter gray freckles that scattered his face, and the familiar green glow that acomponied the outer ring of his eye. Although that also made you realise the few bits of the scar shaped streaks running down his eyes, they were so light you almost didnt notice but theyre they were. Your eyebrows knit together in worry as you slightly tugged on the side of your bandanna. Did he somehow get hurt? Was it from mobs? The thought made you anxious.

"What's the matter Y/n?" Your friend asked in concern glancing down at you as he began to walk slower. Humming in question a few beats of silence fell over you both until you both came to a complete stop. Pointing at his eye you gently brushed your fingers over his scars which he slightly flinched at. "Oh...those, you dont need to worry they arn't from anything like you think. If just so happens that whenever i cry it kind of singes my skin a bit. But they heal quick, so i wouldnt worry about it"

That put your storming thoughts at ease as you relaxed. "I kind of got worried you got into some sort of huge fight" you let out a embarrased chuckle as Ranboo simply shook his head with a small giggle of his own. "Nope, im not brave enough to get into a fight, i cant even fight at all" he replied as you both continued walking. You shrugged with a bit of a hand wave. Though the thought made you think of a few other things. Ranboo is part enderman,,, so he should be able to do things theg can do right?

Speaking up you walked backwards so you can face Ranboo. "I know your a hybrid but arnt you able to do things like enderman too? Teleporting and all that jazz?" You asked curiously. Ranboo made that same face again. His eyes squinted as he acrunched his nose, a few putple wisps flying around. "Not really i dont think, i mean ive tried but i havent in a while. Here let me try" you stopped as you watched your friend stop walking, he squeezed his eyes shut tightly and growled in concentration, before stopping and shrugging, his face going back neutral.

"Nope i cant do it" he shrugged simply leaving it at that. You tilted your head but nodded in understanding, maybe he didnt inherit it, after all he is only half enderman. You decided to not dwell on it for two long and began to continue walking aling side him. Though he looked over at you. "What about you? I mean from what i can see, you are a hybrid but what kind? Are you part ender as well perhaps?" You let out a small chuckle as you continued onwards looking up ag the way the sunlight streamed though the leaves and beat down onto your skin.

"Hm..well no...im not part enderman, i actually dont really know, an old friend told me i reminded them of a species from some place called the n...neahther?" To which Ranboo whipped around in surprise. "You come from the nether??" He spoke up with widened eyes. You shrugged not knowing why he had such a big reaction to that. Before nodding slightly. "I belive so, or at least that is what i was told...why?" You asked curiously as you walked by a tree and picked a few leaves off of the beanch just feeling at them before dropping them.

"Nothing its just that...well, its not very often you hear that someone comes from there. Not to mention the fact that, its very rare to even come across a nether portal, nonetheless someone who knows how to properlly build them. From what i remember you have to pay a great deal of money to even have to consider touring through that place...so the fact that you may have linage there is quite...hmmm...not odd...but intriguing i guess. Which is good, because it brings us closer to finding your family"

You hummed in thought at his explanation rolling the topic around in your head. You never even considered the fact to ask what the mob was that you resembled, or the fact that, that clue could assist you in finding your family. "Your right, i never even considered that...thanks Ranboo!" You praised as you walked, kicking a stone i the direction you were walking. Though this caused another worry to embed itself in your mind. Even having to pay for the portal ment other things could be expensive too right? Plenty of enderman have told you of humans odd traditions, and imaginary rules built up...like currency and economy.

From what you remember currency was used to make fair trades of things and gain things from others, or at least you think it was. You tapped your thumb nail against your tooth the more you pondered over it. Would that mean you would have to pay to get food? You and Ranboo havent even begin to think of that. In ooen fields such as these ghere was no way youd be able to hunt properly, not to mention you both would be moving to often to even-

Your thoughts were cut off by a sudden pair of mitch match hands cupping your face. "Hey quit thinking so hard alright? I do itall the time, i can assure you we will be okay." You made eyecontact with the green and red eyes that laid before you, a certain type of determination and trust behind them as he firmly assured you, just with a look. You could only stare looking into the glowing eyes with awe. Sending you a soft smile, he turned your head to the right. To which you gasped. About 5 miles a way, you could just barely see it, sat a bustling city, a lit by light of all kinds, and vibrant colors.

"Were already here, our journeys began"

------------------------------------------------
Update pog-