4

Chap 4

Surprisingly, he gave a small smile back. There was another moment of silence. The tension from earlier had faded. Sure, you both were still a bit tense but it wasn't as heavy as before. Sighing, you looked back out the window at the rain. There were just a few minutes of silence between you both until he suddenly spoke up sounding a bit frantic. You looked up at him confused.

"Y-your food! It's boiling! I-i think it might o-overflow"

Looking at your pot confused you realized you may have left it over the fire too long. The usual charcoal gray stone was glowing red with heat. Eyes widening in panic you quickly got up and without thinking, tried to lift it off of the fire then winced, yanking your hands back and blowing them. The handle was hot too. You shifted from foot to foot nervously somewhat panicking. You didn't know what to do. Tucker woke up from the clash staring up at you both confused as to why you both were freaking out. Without any second thought, you took off your hoodie, using it as mitts and lifting the pot again. Briskly attempting to lift it, you struggled a bit due to its weight but continued trying. You could imagine your surprise when you looked down to see a pair of mitch match hands helping you lift it and set it aside. The both of you carefully walked and set it down on the ground. You let out a small pant and used the back of your hand to wipe the nervous bead of sweat that formed on your brow.

"⏃⊑ ⟊⟒⟒⋉...⏁⊑⏃⋏☍⌇ ⎎⍜⍀ ⏁⊑⟒ ⊑⟒⌰⌿ ⋔⍀.⍀⏃⋏⏚⍜⍜"

[Translation: ah jeez...thanks for the help Mr. Ranboo]

He smiled shyly rubbing the back of his neck and sat back down at his wall, hugging his knees to his chest again. "It's the least I could do...I mean...you took care of my burn marks...I uh...don't mix well with water.." You smiled looking down at the ground fiddling with your fingers.

' '⍜⊑...⍙⟒⌰⌰ ⊬⟒⏃⊑...⊬⍜⎍ ⌰⍜⍜☍⟒⎅ ⌰⟟☍⟒ ⊬⍜⎍ ⍙⟒⍀⟒ ⟟⋏ ⌿⏃⟟⋏. ⟟ ☊⍜⎍⌰⎅⋏'⏁ ⟊⎍⌇⏁ ⌰⟒⏁ ⊬⍜⎍ ☌⟒⏁ ⟟⋏⟊⎍⍀⟒⎅ ⌰⟟☍⟒ ⏁⊑⏃⏁' '

[Translation: Oh...well yeah...you looked like you were in pain. I couldn't just let you get injured like that]

You looked down at the steaming pot and opened its lid. You grabbed the bowl of spices you had from earlier and grabbed the herbs, adding it to the almost ruined soup. After stirring around the soup for a bit and taste-testing it, you grabbed a bowl and filled it. You could sense Ranboo staring at you and it made you a little nervous. Coughing slightly you looked to the side while sliding the bowl over to him as well as a spoon. "⊑⟒⊬ ⎍⊑...⟟⎎ ⊬⍜⎍'⍀⟒ ⊑⎍⋏☌⍀⊬ ⊬⍜⎍ ☊⏃⋏ ⊑⏃⎐⟒ ⏁⊑⟟⌇. ⟟ ⋔⏃⎅⟒ ⏃ ⌰⍜⏁..."

[Translation: Hey uh...if you're hungry you can have this. I made a lot...]

Ranboo seemed startled that you even offered it to him. He slowly picked it up and stared down at it. His eyebrows were raised and he seemed to be thinking about it. Before giving a small smile he looked up at you. "Uh...yes, please. And thank you! B-but you don't have to call me Mr. Ranboo...just Ranboo is fine." You peered over at him, preparing your bowl of soup, and nodded. You handed him a cup of water as well getting your own. You were about to start eating until you remembered something. Looking over at Tucker, who had been silently watching both your interactions, you held out your hand for him to which he slowly stalked up to you. You reached into the small bag you had with you when you walked in and pulled out a lump wrapped in a wet newspaper. You slowly unwrapped it and presented him with a fairly sizable fish.

You couldn't help but let out an audible "aww" when his eyes lit up. He carefully picked the fish up by its tail and tried to drag it away. Even with its big size, he managed to successfully drag it away to his small corner of the cavern, to which he happily dug in. You smiled happily at your cat, joining him as you started to eat some of your food as well. Your face flushed from the warm feeling of soup running down your throat you let out a content sigh smiling a bit. You savored the pleasant taste on your tongue. Ranboo silently cleared his throat and looked up at you. "Is that your cat? What's his name?" You put a hand over your mouth swallowing the rest of your food before speaking. ☊⍜⌰⌰⟟⋏ once told you it was rude. You tampered with your soup, stirring it with your spoon.

"⍙⟒⌰⌰ ⎍⊑...⋏⍜⏁ ⟒⌖⏃☊⏁⌰⊬. ⟟ ⎅⍜⋏'⏁ ⍀⟒⏃⌰⌰⊬ ☍⋏⍜⍙ ⍙⊑⟒⍀⟒ ⊑⟒ ☊⏃⋔⟒ ⎎⍀⍜⋔. ⊑⟒ ☍⟟⋏⎅⏃ ⟊⎍⌇⏁ ⌇⊑⍜⍙⟒⎅ ⎍⌿ ⍜⋏⟒ ⎅⏃⊬ ⏃⋏⎅ ☊⍜⋔⟒⌇ ⏃⋏⎅ ☌⍜⟒⌇ ⏃⌇ ⊑⟒ ⌿⌰⟒⏃⌇⟒⌇...⊑⟟⌇ ⋏⏃⋔⟒ ⟟⌇ ⏁⎍☊☍⟒⍀..."

[Translation: Well uh...not exactly. I don't really know where he came from. He kinda just showed up one day and comes and goes as he pleases...his name is Tucker...]

Ranboo nodded and looked over at Tucker and smiling. Your mind wandered, and you reflected over what Ranboo had told you earlier. He said he hasn't remembered a lot of things. Does he have amnesia? Does he have short-term memory? It was strange for sure. Does he remember where he's from? His friends and family? These were some serious questions. Not to mention he said he doesn't even know how he got here. He seemed so confused and startled when he woke up. Like he's never seen this place in his life. In some ways, you thought he was kind of like you. You blinked, trying to focus back on reality. You had by now finished your food and were staring at your empty bowl with a troubled expression. "⋔⍀- ⍀⟟☌⊑⏁ ⎍⋔...⍀⏃⋏⏚⍜⍜? ⊬⍜⎍ ⌇⏃⟟⎅ ⊬⍜⎍ ⎅⍜⋏'⏁ ⍀⟒⋔⟒⋔⏚⟒⍀ ⏃⋏⊬⏁⊑⟟⋏☌...⊑⍜⍙ ⋔⎍☊⊑ ⎅⍜ ⊬⍜⎍ ⏃☊⏁⎍⏃⌰⌰⊬ ⍀⟒⋔⟒⋔⏚⟒⍀?"

[Translation: Mr- right um...Ranboo? You said you don't remember anything...how much do you actually remember?]

Ranboo was quiet for a while reflecting on the question. He seemed to be deep in thought. His face wrinkled as he desperately searched for anything in his mind. Anything could help. A Mom? Dad? Who knows. Ranboo's face soon shifted into one kind of ashamed. He looked away as a forced smile made its way to his face.

"Er...I don't. I-I don't actually remember anything. I don't know my parents..where i came from...Not even a home. I kind of just w-wander around places..and travel."

What a strange boy...

------------------------------------------

sorry for the short chap :(