11

You looked at the tent that you both meticulously created, it being stronger than you initially thought. 'So this is a tent," You thought to yourself as you wiped off the sweat that lay on your brow. It wasn't as fancy as others due to its age. Though it was going to make a nice sleeping place. The tent was a dark green with a few sewn on multi-colored patches, it was supported by a few metal beams and the nails keeping it pinned to the ground. Your tail flicked as you looked at it and Ranboo who sat in it, took his shoe off as he sat on his sleeping mat. You decided to do the same. Turning to the bag that laid on the ground you searched through it before touching something soft at the bottom.

Eyes widening in surprise you quickly moved your mat out of the way and looked at the familiar cat you found at the bottom of the bag. Letting out a surprised gasp you quickly pulled out the kitty that gave you an unamused look. Tucker proceeded to gently nom at your fingers as if letting you know he was angry you forgot he was in there. "Oh Tucker, I'm so sorry! I didn't have a single clue you were in there!" You said as you cradled him to your chest. Though he gave a small humph, wriggled out of your grasp, and sauntered over to the tent where he sat in Ranboo's lap who was peacefully writing in his memory book. The monochrome boy let out a surprised shriek which soon turned into a delighted chuckle as he set aside his book and began to pet the cat who was sprawled out in his lap.

After setting up your mat in the tent you looked over at Ranboo who now had Tucker sleeping next to him, picking up where he left off in writing in his memory book. You looked at them both tenderly, stretching and joining them on the ground. Curling into your blanket you stayed staring at the ceiling, tail flicking every now and then. The occasional turn of the page reminded you of the boy that laid across from you only a few inches away. Butterflies fluttered in your chest the more you thought about it. You're actually away from the mountain. YOU ACTUALLY LEFT. You're going to be able to see the world! You smiled holding up the musical locket above your head, fishing it out of your pocket. Watching it dangle your other thumb brushed against the engravings and caressed it.

A sudden ruffle of sheets caught your attention as you watched Ranboo go under the covers as you turned your head over to look at him. Seeming to feel your stare he stopped moving his covers and looked at you tilting his head in question. You simply shook your head and rolled over on your stomach. Looking at the grass in the tent, you gently wicked another flower, lifted your hand up and tucked it in one of the curls of ranboos monochromatic strands of hair and laid down on your side. "I hope you sleep well Ranboo..." Frozen for a second Ranboo smiles and blows out the small lantern. "Night...y/n..."

"Goodnight...."

----------------------------

The next morning you were awakened by beams of light from the rising sun peeking into your tent. You shuffled a bit, stretching your limbs and tail and drowsily looking around. You haven't slept that well in a while. It wasn't that different from the cave floors, but something changed. Being out here in the open made you feel refreshed. The new air and the soft blankets were a sweet new familiarity and you smiled, taking it all in before looking around at your travel mates.

A sleeping Ranboo still snored softly yet peacefully next to you. He had kicked off his covers in the night but you noticed how he made it an effort to make himself look smaller as he slept. Noticing how he balled himself up hugging his knees in a kind of fetal position with his tail curled around him twitching every now and then. The crown that once sat on his head had rolled off during the sleeping night. Was in a small patch on the ground where Tucker had curled around sleeping as well. You held in a small snicker noticing how disheveled his hair looked. All messy and out of place. Getting up and crawling over to the opening of the tent, you tried your best to make sure you didn't wake your snoozing companions and walked outside.