15

Chap 15

You and Ranboo who were sitting across from each other both awkwardly stared at each other as the others began to eat. You were in between Wilbur and Tubbo. Phil was at the far end of the table, and Ranboo was in between Technoblade, and Tommy. Awkward eye contact was shared between you and the ender boy, both clearly unsettled. Though you jumped startled at the sudden gentle nudge you got. Turning to Wilbur, he gulped down what he was chewing and began to speak. "You can..eat y'know...it'd be a waste if you didn't" You tilted your head at him like a lost puppy and then he winced, seeming to mutter to himself. "Right, language barrier...uhh..." Wilbur seemed to converse with Ranboo who nodded and looked up to you.

"(enderman) He's saying we can eat and it'd be a waste if we didn't. His hand came up to awkwardly rub the back of his neck. You let out a small oh as you continued to fiddle with your fork. You looked down at the contents on your plate. Freshly seared steak with a side of mashed potatoes dressed in gravy. The hot steam still rising off of the meal, the seared lines standing out on the steak. On the side were steamed carrots and what you assumed was broccoli. To be honest, dinner smelt heavenly but it felt like you were intruding. There was a very awkward tension in the air, and you couldn't even understand the language to learn why. You felt your foot get tapped under the table making your eyebrows raise in surprise. A familiar black and white tail brushed against your sneaker. Looking up at Ranboo, he tossed you a reassuring grin and as if to show you it was alright to eat some steak. Smiling back your own tail brushed against his foot making him jump in surprise. You couldn't help but giggle.

That's how the rest of dinner went, in silence as you and Ranboo's tails held the other's ankle as a source of comfort. Once you had finished your own plate you let out a deep sigh. You haven't had food that amazing in years. You gave a simple nod when the pink-haired man picked up the bowl and began to wash it in the sink. So now everyone was sitting at the table in silence. Was something supposed to happen or? Was it normal for families to sit and stare after a meal? If so, it was quite awkward. Ranboo seemed to be discomforted as well as he looked around trying to avoid looking at everyone as your ankle was gripped tighter. Oh right..enderman doesn't do well with eye contact. The fluff of your tail tickled his ankle which made him crack a small smile as he stared at the ceiling, briefly glancing at you. You smiled back and fiddled with your thumbs.

"So you two, where are you two staying for the night?"
Philza asked, making you all perk your heads up. You looked at Ranboo as they all conversed. At one claim Ranboo seemed to seem very startled and shook his head waving his hands. Tilting your head you sighed in exasperation. You need to find a way to speak or at least understand English..it would be useful...After what felt like a few hours since you put your head down since you don't have to worry about understanding it. At this point, you were messing with the fluffy tip of Ranboos tail which flicked in amusement every now and then. After a while, you felt your shoulder get tapped. "(enderman) Hey...we're going to be staying at philza's for a few days...he's going to let us take baths and sleep here, and he offered to help us gather materials for our travels...are you...okay with that."

Your head whipped over to the green and white hated man.Your eyes widening in surprise you were quick to begin bowing your head down in respect. "(enderman) Thank you so so much..I know you can't really understand me but I really appreciate it." Ranboo smiled saying something to Philza, who in return walked over and ruffled your hair. "It's alright mate, let's just get you both some clothes, it's quite late and I'm sure after your long travels you'd appreciate a good night's sleep...Ranboo, your a pretty big guy for someone your age, so I'm sure Techno has something that might be able to fit you, and tomorrow mornin' we can get you both some outfits tailored seeing your situation is pretty tight, Y/n can go ahead and follow Tubbo, the clothes just might bee a tad bit bigger, but their frames are similar so I'm sure it'll be fine."