3

[edited by yours truly ;)]

Without any second thought, you rushed up to the threatening-looking boy, gently setting him up. You struggled due to his sheer weight but eventually dragged him under the cover of the cave. You sat him against the wall...but not before tying his arms together to keep him from attacking you. Rushing to get a towel, you patted the water that stained his face, being careful when patting the burned skin marks with how it hurt him. Patting him dry, you got out some old first aid kit you hardly used, putting some bandages on the wound after cleaning it out with some ointment in a jar you had to keep him from getting infections. You didn't know if it was necessary but better safe than sorry. After rushing through that you promptly sat on the other side of the cave watching him. You were terrified. How did he make it past all those dangerous moments? The wolves, the mobs, the potential avalanche?? Not to mention you were in the woods. You'd have to pass me to get here. One thing for sure he was quite strange. His skin burned when touched by water just like any other enderman, but...he looked so human-like.

Silently getting up you went to go and get the pot so you could start the soup. Slowly getting the pot you carefully set it over the fire to get the water to a soft boil. You went to the other side of the cave and grabbed the small dagger knife and began cutting up the different vegetables. With shaky hands, you sliced each one. You were terrified. You usually had the same schedule. The same pattern. Why did it have to change now? Had your luck mentioned earlier run out? Was it karma's way of sending a sign that it was your time now too? You let out a yelp as you accidentally cut into your finger a bit now realizing how sloppy and frantic your cuts were getting. You looked up to make sure the halfling wasn't waking up and let out a small sigh of relief when he wasn't moving at all other than the occasional tail or ear flick. But even then, it set your nerves off.

Sucking the blood off of your finger you cringed slightly at the metallic sour taste of blood hitting your tongue. Recoiling in disgust you turned to the medkit and pulled out another wrap. Wrapping up your finger gently you sighed, putting the kit away once again. You tossed it to the side and started adding the chopped-up veggies and boar meat. Grabbing some tomatoes you took a small wooden bowl and started mashing the vegetable for a base other than water. Pouring the tomato paste into the pot you smiled at the delectable smell coming from the boiling soup. Saliva gathered in your mouth as you took in the smell for a bit. You put the lid over the pot deciding to let it still simmer. You'd add the spices later.

Deciding to pass the time, you grabbed your guitar and sighed as you leaned against a wall, playing a gentle tune. It matched the peacefulness of the rainy day pattering outside. Tucker, who was in the shadows for a long time purred and walked up to you hearing the melody. He jumped in your lap and curled up, letting out a small yawn. It took all of you not to squeal like a little girl. He was just so cute. Despite the peacefulness of your instrument and the calming aura of the rain, you were still quite worried. The boy across from you. Every bone in your body had the right to be terrified. For good reason. Everyone that's ever come up here has tried to murder you. So what made this any different? Your eyes shifted to his arm, his sharp claw-like fingernails making you gulp. Not to mention he doesn't seem to be hurt anywhere other than the water burns...and some fluffy slightly messy hair. Sighing you continued strumming, trying to decide what you were going to do with him.

Though you really believed he was dangerous, a small part inside of you claimed he wasn't. He looked...how to put this...like a puppy. A lost puppy. He didn't look like he could...or would hurt anyone. Then again his claws and sharp fangs said otherwise. You involuntarily shuddered and looked away. One time an Enderman by the name of ☊⍜⌰⌰⟟⋏ told you it was better to not trust everyone. It's okay to trust some people but...trusting anyone wouldn't be safe. "There's a lot of dangerous people out there," he said. Oh, how you missed ☊⍜⌰⌰⟟⋏. He was the enderman who stayed the longest. He stayed for about a week before leaving again. He was the same age as you and stayed with you day and night despite it not raining anymore to keep you company. The day he had to leave you tied your old bandanna around his neck. A white one with red stripes so you'd be able to recognize him if you ever see him again.