𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 -1 𝑺𝒐𝒖𝒍 𝒔𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔

◦◦,'°

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

The alarm rings. The clock depicts the time 6 AM.

The scrunching sound of the toxic device awakens a damsel from the berth.

"Oh shit it's already 6. I need to get ready at the earliest" Mehwish jerks off her bed vulnerably.

"I have such an important presentation and I can't miss it at any cost" She whispers to herself in a mumble tone.

She enters the washroom, refreshes her face with splashes of water going around anywhere-to-everywhere. Paving her way to the trousseau , she stretches out her hand to rosewood top with denim black jeans along with it, from her highly organised and stable wardrobe. She puts on a plain colored abaya over it, with a mustard color hijab as it matches with her theme for the presentation.

She hurriedly darts downstairs.
While heading to the doorway, she hears a familiar voice. 'Not now!' She says to herself.

It's her mom, Sifrat Begum, the caretaker of the house and a housewife.

Sigrat Begum had the facial features exactly of her daughter's except for the eyes which was the only dividing feature to distinguish the two beautiful ladies. Body fully covered with a wide roseate cotton dupatta, she looked ferociously pulchritudinous.

"Beta... have breakfast first" She eyes Mehwish with burnished gaze.

"No Ammi. I am already late. I have a really important presentation and I can't afford to miss it" Mehwish spurts without turning around and starts promenading towards the door.

"Have the bread at least" Her mother utters in a convincing voice.

Without an alarm, Sifrat Begum puts a bread spread with ghee in her mouth and she dementedly runs to the door. The car is waiting for her but she books a taxi instead.

Mehwish family wasn't filthy rich but they were well-settled. However, Mehwish didn't want to take any favours from her father. Her father was already against her education. Demanding anything more would only mean destruction of her career and life. But then since when girls started demanding? A girl is always aware of her restrictions in an Indian society. The problem becomes huge if the parents are hella conservative. Mehwish was also going through the same trauma.

Emerging out of the taxi, her eyes falls on the board of her reckless college which reads 'Dariyabag College'. She has given her all to reach to this position. If it wasn't of her scholarship, she would still be sitting at home and washing dishes.

Mehwish instaneously goes her phone. Damn! it was 6:20 already. She has to reach the auditorium hall by 6:30. Perfect! On time. A jubilant smile forms on her face.

Moving forward, she reaches the auditorium hall. It was full of chaos. Teachers, students and staffs were running here and there in a haste. Her heart quavered a bit. She felt nervous a bit. But then she regulates herself, inhales a deep breath , lets it out and jaunts ahead.

A huge figure, 6'8, with long jeopardised brunette hair comes from behind and grapples Mehwish with rabid force.

"You are just on time. Today you will be representing our school in front of these Angrez (foreigners). I am so proud of you my girl." She exclaims over-excitedly.

Mehwish loosens herself from the hug. She starts coughing heavily and frowns at Shanti.

"Why do you always come from behind. Do you want to kill me?" She yanks at her.

"Oops! I am sorry" She says glaring her apologetically.

Mehwish giggles at her adorableness with amorousness in her eyes.

"Thanks for the motivation yaar.You are always there for me. Now wish me luck. I am actually nervous." Mehwish spoke timidly.

"I know you will do well. Good Luck! And don't stress yourself okay?" Shanti said with apprehension depicted in her eyes.

Mehwish and Shanti were friends since childhood. At first, they were neighbors. But 3 years back Shanti shifted to a different colony due to her poor financial condition. Mehwish did not have a sister and thus she loved Shanti just like her own sister. They grew up together, ate together, played together. Religion was never a barrier between the two. However, Mehwish's father never approved of their friendship.

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦