𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 - 12 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒐𝒔𝒔

◦◦,'°

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

Mehwish's POV

"Sir will be here in 30 minutes. You can wait there" The receptionist conveyed pointing to the red cathedra adjacent to the wall.

"THANK YOU" I muttered.

1 hour. 2 hours. 3 hours. How long I have to wait? Ugh.

I jerked off from my seat and slammed the table in a rage. It's been more than 10 times that I had asked her about sir's return, but I was only asked to wait in response.

"Excuse me. Can you please tell me if your sir is going to come or should I wait for more? Even I have works to do" I stated almost screaming showing as decency as I could. Patience was never my thing. And this was getting annoying to a lot of extents.

"Mam, please don't create a ruckus. At your request, I asked him but I guess you have to wait for more" She said politely encouraging me to have a seat.

But I was furious and twirled around only to once again collide with the same person.

No Shit! Astagfirullah! Not Again!

Twice a day. Weird and strange!

I gazed down trying to avoid the awkward eye contact as much as I could. I unrolled my eyes. Yes! He wasn't there.

Is he the boss of this hotel? The Great L'Grant Hotel? But how? How can he be?

Just then my eyes turned towards the newspaper lying beside the seat I was just a while crouching on.

Ya Allah? FAHIMUDDIN?

The owner of L'Grant? Why I didn't notice this? A wide smile spread on my lips upon seeing the words affixed to him. It was a proud feeling for me. He owned such a luxurious hotel.

I was kind of drooling over the picture of him in a tiff grey suit with both hands in his pocket and a lavish hairstyle. It gave me goosebumps. No, wait...What am I even thinking?

Stop Mehwish Stop!

He has changed a lot. But why not? 5 years is not a small number. After all, he is affluent. Owner of such a grand hotel. Time changes everything.

Just then I leaked out of my thoughts projecting the newspaper out of my hands onto the floor making a thumping sound enabling all the staff and others to hear.

Shay! Not Done Mehwish! I grumbled to myself.

I spun around to see who summoned me....and it was the receptionist instructing me to go in.

Should I go in? I badly needed this job. Is it possible to work under him? So many questions ravaged through my mind.

I took a deep breath and motioned towards the door.

Knock knock!

"Sir, may I come in?" I asked hesitatingly
"Come in," he said with a stiff voice depicting sternness in his eyes.
"Be seated"

My eyes rolled in horror not caring to glance at him. This was so awkward. I shouldn't be here. I just don't know what terrifies me. Just there is something I am scared of.

Something was pricking inside me. I assumed he had always hated me as I couldn't inform him anything about my marriage. He should yell at me, expecting explanations from me to his unattended questions. But today's daybreak clash has some other story to narrate. There were grief, anguish, resentment, and a bit of uncertainty in his eyes, unable to comprehend what he felt. I was left with one question if he really loathed me?

"Miss Mehwish" his voice is so toned that I felt ashamed to even utter anything at all.

"Miss Mehwish? Are you hearing me?"
"MEHWISH!" He almost screamed and I stumbled into reality.

WHAT DID HE JUST SAY? MEHWISH?
I AM JUST AN INTERVIEWEE. HE IS NOT SUPPOSED TO SAY THAT.

His eyes got enlightened. My heart skipped a beat hearing my name from his ear-gripping voice. I had never felt anything for him then why now? Why I wAs getting drawn to him

"S...Sir?" I replied staggering. What if he forgot? I have to stay within limits. I just can't say his name at the workplace. Come on. I am not even hired.

"I have seen your qualifications. You are eligible for the job. You may start your work from tomorrow onwards." He announced looking straight into my smoky eyes. That's the only body part that is seen to any naked eye. As I had my niqab on.

He hired me. Like what? Are my ears for real? I pinched myself. Harder. Ouch! That hurt.

"Are you okay?" He asked concerned gazing towards the direction to the table. He extrapolated I was sweating as he handed me a tissue and permitted me to leave.

I was standing shook, letting hysteria took in, outside his hotel. Every time I read the name, my heart throbbed, my eyes shined and my spirit rose, as if I have achieved a gold medal. This feeling was bizarre. Not the usual one.

Eyeballing at the job contract in my hand I ascertained myself, I was not day-dreaming. I.WAS.ACTUALLY.HIRED. I was gleaming with happiness. At that moment, I just yearned to scream with happiness or maybe dance or I don't know what. Just anything that would signify my happiness. However, I just calmly inhaled and exhale in and out.

But wait. How did he hire me so easily? I was not able to grasp that he had given me the job. Was I eligible? Or did he just gave out of concern? Friendship?

This word Friendship left me thinking if we still shared the same bond. Taking me to college memories. Not that we had a long friendship but surely a strong one.

You sense a unique kind of feeling when you meet your school or college friends after years. Millions of memories, peals of laughter rush through your mind within seconds. I think this one of the most beautiful feelings in the world. The best thing about friendship is that those memories never haunt you. Instead, they paint a huge smile on your lineaments.

But this feeling was not the usual Friendship kind. It was something so beautiful. As if my heart craves for his one glimpse, his embracing voice, his austere look, luminous eyes, and how smoothly and calmly he walks flawlessly, making anyone's jaw drop.

I once again started to weave dreams. The dream of getting my brother treated. His education. His desires. Yes, He is the soulful rationale of my life. All of his dreams are mine. Since forever. And I thrived to make them come true, with due efforts, and now with this job, with due time.

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

KINDLY CLICK THE STAR AND GIVE YOUR REVIEWS ABOUT THE CHAPTER. CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS ACCEPTED. ANY KIND OF SUGGESTIONS WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.