𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 - 8 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑫𝒂𝒚

◦◦,'°

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

Mehwish's POV

It was the day of my marriage. I was sitting wearing a bridal attire. I word a turquoise-colored lehenga, adorned with red and black floral designs. It was my favorite lacquer but today I abhorred it as this was the worst day of my life. I never wanted this....I was about to leave everything behind...my parents, my brother, my best friend...and Fahim. No...I didn't want to do this. This was not my destiny....but nothing was in my control...I knew I had no way to escape this.

The qazi (judge) started the nikah process. The groom mumbled "Qubool Hai" thrice. It was my turn. I flinched a bit.....but then I too whimpered "Qubool Hai" thrice. Tears flowed through my eyes upon saying this. I considered myself a waste. Was this the end of my life? Were all my dreams meant to be shattered? What did I to do deserve this?

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

It was the wedding day. I was supposed to sit like a puppet and greet every other nonnative I come across. This was all really annoying me. The guests would come to see me, lift my stole, and comment on my beauty....Who were they to comment on me like that? I already despised them so hard....I just wanted to run away at this minute.

Fahimuddin's POV

I stood in the wedding hall. I could see her from afar, just the right posture, the perfect view. She looked marvelously enticing, captivating to the orifice, behind her transparent dupatta. I could sense she was not happy... I missed her cheerful wide smile.....but I stood there numb and still....I didn't even dare to go and see her....let alone getting her out of the situation.

At that instance....
.......I thought to myself that I wasn't worthy of her....I couldn't help her, couldn't take a stand for her. How could I think of winning her? She was never meant to be mine. I should just forget her.

Mehwish's POV

I was sitting with a gloomy countenance just then I saw Shanti. She was wearing a greenish vibed-out lehenga. No wonder, she looked awe-strucking. She came to me and wished me a happy married life. I smiled and nodded in response. I asked her about Fahim but she was unaware of his whereabouts.

Shanti has been my bestie since forever, she was my everything, my sister, my soulmate, my world revolved around her. I owe her one for being with me through every thick and thin...ut would have been possible without her. It was extremely saddening to relinquish her this way.

Shanti knew about my disapproval towards this alliance...she pleaded me that I should discuss this with my parents....but my parents were adamant on getting me married...I was helpless, option less, impotent...I was not in a position to do anything for myself and my dreams...I could see them shattering in front of me....Tears won't leave my eyelids. But then I composed myself and tried to fake a smile.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

My ruksati (farewell) was done.......my mother was crying profusely....she wouldn't just leave me. The relatives and many others tried to calm her down and let go of me. But she held me in her arms so tightly that I couldn't detach from her.

Sifrat : I will miss you a lot (weeping loudly)
Mehwish : I will miss you too ammi (wailing badly)

I knew I was gonna miss her a lot....words can't really describe my love and care for her.

My mother has been a housewife ever since I saw her. She never went to school......she was not permitted to educate herself, neither she was allowed to do anything by her will.

She was married to my father at the age of 16....yes Child Marriage! FUCKING DISGUSTING IT WAS of my grandparents to torture her like that. My mother's parents were in huge debt and my father's family agreed to pay those.....so my mom had to give in. She only bore one child and that was me....A GIRL! This enraged my father. But he still paid for my education. But now as I got married in a rich family, I am deprived of any sorta education.

History has recited the same inflicted tradition and pain.......atleast I am 18.

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

KINDLY VOTE ,AND SUPPORT MY STORY...IT MEANS A LOT. KEEP READING TO KNOW FURTHER. ADD IT TO YOUR READING TO NOT MISS AN UPDATE.