𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 - 14 𝑨 𝑪𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆

◦◦,'°

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

Fahimuddin's POV

The aubade luminesced a radiant light, lustrously on my grimace, bespeaking me to escalate from my comfy bed. In a jiff, I aped up from my sleep and aggrandized from my bed, by virtue of the vexatious turbulence buzzing from my phone. I grappled the phone gingerly which was kept on charge. It displayed 6 am. WHAT? WHO ON EARTH IS CALLING ME THIS EARLY MORNING? It was early, but not that early. I habitually woke up at 6:45. This was not awful either.

I unlocked to find it was Shanti forging the nudge. 10 missed calls. Fish! Horror took in me. I gazed at the missed calls, stupefied. What could have happened that she called this many times, at this hour? I was staggered. I hoped she was doing fine. Negative thoughts started brimming within me.

Just then, I noticed a message popping up on my phone. It was from Shanti.

Fahim, be there in Muzdar Café at 5 pm okay? No excuses

This girl is crazy. Oh, wait! Maybe all girls are crazy. This is the reason for which she was pestering me? 'May Allah have mercy on me and give her some brains' I told myself, irked at what just happened.

After scrolling through the messages, I steered to the washroom and took a quick shower with lukewarm water. I got myself changed into a dark grey suit with a faded blue shirt underneath, wore dark grey pants along with it, and let my tie kept loose. In the past 5 years of my career, I am not yet properly aware of how to knot a 'tie'. Shame on me!

It was an amicable morrow. Ever since Mehwish has joined my company, I find every morning free from strife, supposedly. Such was a case today. Embracing the winsome sunlight, I trudged in the vicinity of my ravishing BMW and drove to the office.

My pecuniary ballgame has never assuaged me like the cat who got the cream. Be it antecedent or precedent. In either way, I was not able to afford my mother a beneficial treatment. However, today I am glad that I am a millionaire. If it was not for this company, how would she ever search for a job in this company? Be it accidentally or coincidentally. It's all due to this company and I have started to value it. Maybe, I have started to value life as well.

One always needs to face hurdles in life. Only when happiness knocks on our door, we tend to mend our way of thinking, in a positive way, about life. When grief takes in, we again become the old mourning person, blaming fate and God for all our destruction, completely ignoring our actions.

Optimism runs in my veins till my father's demise took place. Since then I have only encountered difficult phases of my life. But it was she who has given me the reason to smile again, feel happiness and transform my pessimistic personality. She only had the power to do so. Her one glimpse was enough to convert all of my sadness into happiness.