𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 - 3 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑵𝒆𝒘 𝑮𝒖𝒚

◦◦,'°

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

It was a pleasant morning. The chirping of birds, the blossoming of flowers and the howls of animals. Ah! Not so pleasant either. But it was no less. Spring was at the edge. If this is not a satisfactory season, then I don't know what is?

The golden rays of the morning bask dazzled on the fermenting face of Mehwish. She gently rubbed her eyes, slightly opening her dark brown orbs to clear her dim vision.

She takes a quick shower. Putting on her black, grey-laced wrist watch , she is dressed in a baby pink suit with a white plazo, her ears adorned with a pair of white pearl earrings, and enhancing her dull morning countenance by applying a light makeup with eyeliner and shady pink lipliner. Draping her usual abaya she heads towards the college.

Emerging out of the filthy yellow cab, she runs towards the college gate. Her eyes stuck on the ground, she heedlessly collides with a stiff figure who appeared to be 6'9 tall. Slowly tilting her gaze upwards, she lets out a frowning face.

The files containing the papers started flying in the dusty wind. The guy glares at Mehwish with his burning red globes. He swiftly bends to pick it up.

"Sorry I am getting you late. Can't help you so sorry."Mehwish defends with a calming yet asserting tone. She breathily heads forward, passing by the guy ignoring his mere presence.

"Wait!..." A beguiling voice makes her halt at her position, with her back facing the guy.

Her heart unknowingly pumped a bit with this apprehension.

"Listen! I am getting late...I am once again sorry. But I really can't listen to any of your lecture." She reprimanded and hurriedly paced towards the gate.

She was not getting late. But she was one of those students who would reach college before time. So this was a bit late than her habitual routine. Punctuality runs in her blood.

Mehwish reaches the class. Her body feels heavy and she is sweating woodenly. For some reason her cheeks form a bright red color.

A young lady wearing a simple red saree is laboriously yelling at the students for not acing the test up to the mark. She turns her head in the direction of the door. Her face delights up and she swishly lets Mehwish in.

Slightly nodding her head, Mehwish projects to the chair which is vacant beside Shanti, her usual spot.

"Omg! You are blushing huh? I am assuming you met a guy." Shanti teasingly pats Mehwish.

This was obvious! Being her lifetime friend ,she could easily sense every move of Mehwish. Her every reaction was known to the impish girl.

Best Friends! They are both a boon and a bane.