𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 - 11 𝑪𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒃𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔

◦◦,'°

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

Fahimuddin's POV

She was standing right in front of me, peering at me with those glistening, titillating eyes, enough to make anyone crazy for them'.

Her dark smoky mascara was just perfect with her abaya that cloaked her body completely, not even a skin to be shown except for eyes. The eyes that could make you still, barely leaving you in a conscious state.

She was immersed in her phone. I can promise she blinked 100 times in those few seconds of our typical filmy collision, her pupils dilating now and forth. Her one hand was on the keyboard, the other on my shoulder, leading to a firm grip on my arm.

Ouch! She was holding it with such force that it could get ripped apart. But I liked the pain. I craved for her touch all these years. Mhm...I haven't forgotten her, never will.

"Mehru" I whimpered in a low voice. As low as it could reach exactly to her ears. She was shivering at just that moment. Was it because of a sudden appearance? Was she scared? Did she expect something else?

"F..Fa....Fahim. Fahimuddin" She spoke as quickly as she could. But I could figure out she was grasping for words. Not that she doesn't remember my name. Maybe because she had guilt. Who knows.

"It's great to see you. Long time" She further voiced. I couldn't believe my ears. Her voice was as soothing as it was formerly. The serenity in her tone could make anyone go gaga over her.

"Same here" I responded with a feeble smile. Anyone could make out I lent out an almost fake smile. I so badly wanted to scream with happiness. But I strived my level best to stay as calm as I could.

"So how is every-" I was about to carry on the conversation when I heard a voice.

"Fahim....why are you still there? Come in quick now" my friend said in a loud smirking voice. I turned around and waved.

"I gotta go" I lavishly said and headed towards the opposite direction to where Mehru was heading to.

She untied her lips to utter something, but I already vanished from her gaze. I could feel her turning around and glancing at me. At least that much I can sense her moves.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

"Who was she," Hijriq inquired, giving me a clueless look.

"I...I don't know. Some stranger" I said gulping my saliva and clearing my throat.

He nodded in agreement.

I could acknowledge that he is suspicious of me hiding something. But we know our limits. He respects me and my decision. He is well aware of my past. It's just he is trying to set me up with a girl.

"Guys, guess what?" Merwaq said in an astonishing tone, swaying his hands up in the air.

"What?" I and Hijriq howled in unison, staring intensely at him for him to spill the beans.

"Look at this," He said handing the newspaper which he got from the tea shop.

L'Grant Hotel holds 2nd rank in overall hotel estimation of the country. We would like to congratulate Fahimuddin Shahi for his dedication and award-winning attitude. The award ceremony will be held on 2nd February 2021"

the newspaper read with a massive picture of me grabbing the reader's attention instantly.

"Wow!!! DEAMN!!! THIS.IS.GONNA.BE.SO.EXCITING" exclaims Hijriq, emphasizing each word. he stared at me in amusement. Waiting for my reaction. Obviously.

"Sounds good! I guess this calls for a celebration." I said with a wide smile, convincing them of my excitement towards the award. Though I don't feel anything. My heart simply aches for her.

I opened my hotel in 2018 and it's getting just. better and better. it has expanded to such extent that the amount of money I receive is more than enough for my whole life. Hotel Management was never my passion. I worked for 2 years in different restaurants.

A battling life tutored me a lot, from serving to washing dishes to cooking dishes as well. And now here I am, possessor of one of the most momentous hotels in India. its branches are scattered everywhere. I own more than 70 hotels right now. that's a lot to accomplish at such a tender age.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

"Ammi!!! What happened?" I quickly grab her gently by the arm helping her to arise from the harsh surface.

Her right leg was oozing amply, making it extremely arduous for her to move. I began to sweat discerning her in that condition. This was the spectacle I feared of.

"SERVANTS???? WHERE ARE YOU ALL?" I screamed as loud that it resounded the whole house, making the servants stalemate.

The servants started running in horror around the house searching for the first aid box to aid my wailing mother who was draining with pain.

Ammi has been suffering from Guillain-Barré Syndrome, paralyzing her left leg completely. She is glued to a wheelchair 24/7 and she has to suffer this for the rest of her life. Looking at the condition of my life, I consider myself to be the unluckiest person. The person who lost his father and now had to bear seeing her mother in a perpetual state of suffering constantly.

This fame, name, money is a waste if I am not able to get the best treatment for my mother. not that I didn't try. just that the doctors had given up on my mother's health. Only if my mother is willing to live, then there is a mere chance of her recovery. As minute as a grain of dal. But there is a hope that she will recover and I will be able to see her smile again. the cheerful, peaceful smile that I was welcomed as soon as I entered home. She is all I have and I can't afford to lose her at any cost.

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦