𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 - 16 𝑺𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒈𝒚

◦◦,'°

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

Fahimuddin's POV

3 hours 18 minutes and 20 seconds has passed since I sent her the message. Wondrously, no response. On top of that the rest of the message didn't get delivered to her. Amazing! You just made a fool out of yourself, Mr. Fahimuddin Shahi.

Did she switch of her phone? I pondered about the scenario. When she knew I was texting why would she do that? Is it on purpose. Maybe she is ignoring or what so. Questions and questions, but no answers.

It took me a lot of courage to finally mug up to text her. However, it resulted into a failure. She might be nervous or just trying to avoid me. Well, no one knows.

How can I be so stupid?

She won't even have proper eye contact with me. How on earth I thought that she would reply to me? This is the most selfish act I could concur to.

Frustrated, I knocked my phone on the table.

The clock struck 12 and the thoughts won't let me sleep. How am I going to confront her tomorrow?

It's okay. It's okay Fahim. Nothing happened. It was just a message.

I took a deep breath allowing my nervousness to cool down. The volume of effect she had on me is leaving me aloof.

I glanced between my phone and my 5th coffee, that I drank since the past hour. This much amount of coffee is not healthy for me. But coffee is my only coping mechanism. I can't let go of it. Call it toxic if you want to.

My phone beeped while I let my eyes loose. Running towards it hurriedly, I was only encountered to the information that it was a discount email.

Without nagging about it further, I tried to fell into a slumber ; the pillows covering my face profoundly.

"Sleep Fahim. Whatever will happen we will face it." I uttered as this was the last words that could give me hope. Why do girls provide so much stress? Ah wait! Mehwish is the only girl in my life. Suddenly, my lips curved a bit at the thought of it. I was blushing so hard right now.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

"Bro, where did you disappear?" Merwaq blabbered while seeping his eyes into the big screen.

"I was not feeling well." Those adulterated words didn't feel real at all.

"Oh, really? And why was your phone switched off?" He glanced from his right eye, his hands desperately rotating around the controller.

Silence.

I have to come up with a lie soon or he will rip my brain through his queries.

"Fahim. Speak bro. I want answers not your sulken face." He lets out a chuckle. It wasn't funny.

"My face is sulken because I was sick and lying on bed whole day." I am done answering his questions. If he asks one more time, I have to punch him on the face.

"Hahah. Very funny. Ever since I have met you, you hardly sleep. Also your sulken face is not a sign of sickness. There is something else which you are hiding from me." He kept the controller on the black elongated table, turning his huge figure towards me.

He weaved his eyes, seeking an answer. While I looked at him speechless. Should I tell him or should I not?

"Is it because of Mehwish?" Wait. What? How? I guess I am hallucinating.

"WHAT?" I almost yelled causing him to be taken aback.

"Chill, bro. I have seen you staring at her. Come on. You can tell me what happened. My reputation isn't bad with girls. Maybe I can help you?" He winked and smirked at the same time.

He wasn't wrong though. I can ask for help. Afterall, he has always supported me during my bad times.

"Okay, I will tell you everything but don't tell it to anyone." He nodded. I took a deep sigh.

I narrated him the whole thing. As expected, he was lying on floor, laughing and jabbering his hands. It wasn't that funny also. But seems like everyone want to make my life a laughing stock, including me.

"Sorry..sorryy." He pardoned between his laughter but now I hardly care.

"You are useless Merwaq. All these years of friendship only to hear you laugh. What an amazing friend you are." I throwed my hands up in the air and he was still laughing.

This was too much.

"Okay, bro. I am done." He finally spoke.

"Wow, thank for your favour." I murmured sarcastically, as audible for him to hear.

"I know it was too much. But you are acting dumb Fahim." Oh well. He is being too judgemental.

"Listen. First of all stop ruining your work because of a text message." I rolled my eyes insensitively.

"Secondly, go and talk to her and stop being a coward. She is working under you. You have to show some businessman authority." Was he being for real?

I formed an absurd look.

"Relax. I am not saying you to be strict towards her but atleast you should communicate. If not through phone, then do it in company. Stop hiding in your house like a coward." He asserted the last word deeply.

"I am not a coward." I looked away feeling shit about what I did.

"Well prove it then." I nodded and gave him a hug.

"Thanks man. Wanna order pizza?" His glistened on the name of it.

Knowing how big of a foodie he is, I should have offered it before. Maybe then I wouldn't have to hear him call me by names.

"I will have Marcaroni Pizza, and you?" Be it any dish, just name it. He had it all. I haven't heard these many songs in my life, how much names of dishes I heard from his mouth.

"I will have the same. You know I don't have a taste." Yes. I don't. The reason why I never liked any girl other than her.

"Two pepsi also."

"Sure."

After placing the order, I ran towards my room.

I am coming to meet you.

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

After such a long wait, here is a shitty update.

Read if you want to.