𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 - 2 𝑹𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔

◦◦,'°

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

"The world is a cage, and women are its keys."

"With this beddable quote, I would like to end today's session. Thank you and have a nice day." Mehwish spoke in an unputdownable warble.

A clasp of applaud followed her voice. The judges congratulate her for her work. The principal comes forward and shakes hand with her, eulogizes her for the incredible confidence she spoke with.

Mehwish once again glances at the presentation and a wide smile is planted on her moon-like face. A wave dreams runs through her dark and shining orbs. Her delirium can be descried on her mush.

" Mehwish! Mehwish!" Shanti exasperatedly stated in a cheerful and loud voice. The auditorium hall became silent. Thus Shanti's voice was clearly heard by the few people present in the hall.

"Oh Sorry! I.. just..that" Mehwish spanks out of her thoughts and turns her face towards Shanti.

"Leave this all. Let's go to the Malki Restaurant." Shanti excitedly says.

"But why? What's special?" Mehwish tutted having a butcher's at Shanti.

"Pagal!! (mad). To celebrate your victory dude. You gave such a splendid presentation. A party is a must. Let's go." Shanti responded.

She starts crooning in a blaring tone. Stretching a chorus her voice cracks and she coughs gasping for water.

Mehwish narks Shanti on this and pinches her on her the right arm. She lends her the water bottle and pats on her back to disseminate the the cough. Shanti makes an apologizing face. 

Music is haram in Islam and Mehwish hated even the sound of it. Being an obedient practicing Muslim, she was not in approval of it. Shanti was aware of this. But sometimes she cannot control her desires, lest in front of Mehwish.

_______________________________

"So what are we ordering? Paneer?.. Chicken..? OR..?" Mehwish questions eyeing the menu she had held in her hand since 20 minutes. The waiter has asked for the order twice it seems. But they were yet to reach a conclusion.

"Mehwish! I am a vegetarian. So no chicken. Forgot?" Shanti says smirking.

"Oh come on. You are vegetarian only for your family. I have known you since childhood and how much you crave chicken. So stop this drama and select from the menu."

*Shanti and Mehwish giggles*

"Arey! What's there to check? Order what we usually order." Shanti says scrolling through the phone and making herself comfortable on the seat.

*Shanti calls the waiter and orders Chicken Tandoori and Paneer Masala with Naan*

Shanti was not a typical Hindu. Though her parents were pure vegetarian, she preferred non-vegetarian over veg anytime. This is was one of the sole important reason behind the close friendship of the two. During her childhood days, Shanti often used to eat at Mehwish's house when Vegetarian food was cooked at her home. This increased the bond between the two. But Shanti was highly pampered by her parents, unlike Mehwish.

Mehwish drops Shanti at her house and reaches home. Her mother opens the door. Sifrat Begum wraps Mehwish in her arms and gives her a peck on forehead. Mehwish heads towards her room. She rests for a bit. Then changes herself into a plain chiffon pistachio suit. Draping her dupatta over the head, she runs downstairs.

"Come beta...have food" proposed Sifrat Begum in a polite manner.

Sifrat Begum wore a plain black silk kurti with white plazo. She had a shawl around her head, covering all of her body seemingly. Being in her 40s, she still looked pretty young for her age. Ignoring the fact she was no less treated like a maid by her husband, she was breathtaking, easy on the eyes. She had the beauty of the daisies dappled with dew in the attenuated radiance of aurora. Mehwish, undoubtedly, was no less than her mother.

"No Ammi! I had food with Shanti at Malki Restaurant. I am not hungry anymore." Mehwish states and is headed to the kitchen.

"This girl will not let us live in society." A guttural rasping wonted voice hollers from behind.

Mehwish whirls around to discover her father, Wajid Khan, furiously ogling at her with his amber brown globes. He was a stiff man, in his 50s, 6'9 tall and had an extremely fair complexion.

Wajid Khan's only concern was to get his daughter married in an affluent society. Respect, Reputation and Fame was all he craved for, worked for day and night, without any restraint or constraints.

"She is always either roaming with that asshole Shanti or eating. When will she learn about her responsibilities and that her father has a respected position in the society?" He further articulated in an authoritative tone.

Mehwish hears this and starts weeping. She moves towards the kitchen and begins doing the chores.

This was a conventional drama in the family of Khans. They considered their women to stay at home, educate them but only to take care of the husband's family and bear children. Living in the 21st century, the groom's family have started to demand an educated homemaker for the family. The same was Mehwish's condition. Being the brightest student in her college and excelling in extracurricular activities, she was deprived of her father's love and care. Her father was never contented with her. He was already in search of a groom for her daughter. Mehwish was in her first year of college and she was not ready to marry.

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦