𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 - 13 𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒎𝒐𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

I would like to thank _omidst
for giving me positive reviews and suggestions on how could I get better. I look forward to more of these suggestions. One thing she asked was about the brother Azmat so let me tell you Azmat is Mehwish's younger brother, not of her age, neither elder to her. Also welcoming my new followers and silent readers. Hope you enjoy reading.

 Hope you enjoy reading

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

Mehwish's POV

My divorce was a success. I met Fahim and now I have a job. This was all just like a blessing. Probably getting rid of Jamal was in a true sense the best decision. Wish I had taken this step before.

This emotion is beyond phrases. Looks like I had been confined for these 5 years and now I am set free. Free enough to live life according to my rules, according to my preferences. The only thing that mystifies me now is Fahim. His attitude was contradictory to what I had anticipated it to be.

"Azmat, I am going okay? Take care and don't go anywhere. if anyone rings the bell, don't open it unless I come. Is that clear?" I stated while caressing his hair.

"Didi, I am not a child. I can take care of myself. You don't worry." He spoke looking deep into my concerned eyes, making a babyface so that I fall for it.

Surely, he was not a child. but he was suffering from a disease. This was the first time in my life that I was abandoning him alone and going out, that too, in such a big house. Okay! not so huge, but it was big enough for the two of us. Even one of the rooms of the house has been locked because we don't need it. My heart just couldn't agree to leave him alone.

"I know you are not a child. But it's difficult to leave you alone. It is my helplessness otherwise I would never let you out of my sight even for a second. You know that don't you?" I stated cupping his cheeks. My eyes became moist with the thought itself. I don't know how am I gonna survive in the office.

"Here, take this phone. Whenever I call, pick up okay?" I further articulated.

He nodded and I clasped him into my arms.

"Now go, it's late na," He said with a dominating voice and I steered towards the door.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

"Omg! How are you?" I asked desperately holding my breath in.

"I am much better. You tell me. Where you had gone? I missed you so much, idiot." She rejoiced to beam with happiness. So was I.

"Alhamdulillah! I am good. Where did you get my number from?" I asked pondering.

"Mm...Is that even a question? Why don't you guess it?" She spoke in a teasing manner.

Only one name came to my head. Fahim.

"Ah! Okay. So you won't tell me huh? This is not fair." I said puppying my eyes.

"Okay! Okay! Fahimuddin gave me." She specified. I knew this was coming but this was weird. I mean how did Fahim got my number? Oh! My job resume of course. So dumb of me.

"So you guys are still in touch?" I questioned her waffling from my seat and clipping towards the window.

"Yes, we are". She sighed

"Wanna meet up?" She asked with glistening eyes. I could feel her enthusiasm.

"Sure. Date and place, please?"

"I will text you" She responded giggling.

Just when I hang up my eyes tossed towards my left and I caught him staring at me. But he looked away.

Today he wore a cerulean suit with a leaf petaled mandrel on the upper right of his chest.  He was on his phone. Avoiding the urge to look at me. I guess he knew that I was peering at him.

Astagfirullah! What am I doing? I need to have command over myself. I just couldn't comprehend what was the adorning force that I was feeling this way. I never felt this before. Then why now?

Back then I never perceived him in this manner. We did start on the crooked foot but he was a 'good friend'. Good because he was the first male I talked to. Neither I had the guts nor I was interested before him.

Nonetheless, he was the one to change my perspective and did prove to be a different version of my vision.

Matter of fact is I always speculated him a friend, nothing amassed than that. Then why am I feeling now this way? Maybe I was too vulnerable to accept any sort of feeling at the time. Or maybe I was too engaged with my troubles to let any feeling pave the way to my heart.

Whatever the dialects are, currently I just fathom that I am aware of my feeling and it brings joy to my broken soul. I guess I have found the itinerary to heal my heart. Only love can mend my heart. The love is named Fahim.

I was on a call with Azmat when I heard a strike on the cabin.
So Mr.Mylove has called me to his cabin. What is happening to me? That was so cringed. Ugh!

Setting aside every other task I hauled towards his simple-yet-elegant-compartment. The whole of my heart just whacks quicker and faster. Calm down Mehwish! He is your boss. Not some monster who will scavenge you to death.

Upon entering, my eyes got stuck on the perfectly elongated room. It was huge but not so huge. Can be labeled as an average huge. There was not a single portrait of him. There were either company's accomplishments, trophies, or some beautiful amateur masterpieces. Damn! Why didn't I notice this before? His room did reflect his personality. Filled with humility and a constructive temperament.

"Ms. Mehwish, today is your first day of work and I must say you are actually lucky." He spoke while tapping the pen on the table. 

"Sorry, but I didn't get you, sir," I said numbing my eyes with a hesitant smile.

"Well! I  am appointing you as my secretary."
What? Secretary? Are my ears beating drums?

"Actually, my secretary had resigned without prior notice as she has to move into a different city. So I urgently need a secretary. And I don't have plenty of time to search for one....you know? ....Also, I need to take interviews, read CVs, etc. This is all time-consuming and I can't trust anyone other than yo-" He took a pause. My throat dried up. Felt like someone strangling me to death.

So he trusts me. Uff! I huffed.

Without asserting anything I left. Neither an acceptance nor a refusal.

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦